Compliance Officer - Private Equity My client, one of Europe's well known, well established and successful Private Equity funds has a brand new role for a Compliance Officer. This role will report into the Compliance Manager sitting in London but will be part of a wider global compliance team.
This firm has an enviable reputation for investing in its people. The successful candidate will gain from exposure to key stake holders, mentoring from senior compliance experts and experience dealing with one of the best International Buy Side firms.
This is an ideal second job for someone with 2 - 5 years' experience in private equity compliance ideally in house or in a consultancy that specialises in Private Equity. Someone with more experience will of course be considered as long as this experience comes from Private Equity.
The Role will include but not be limited to.
- Owning Compliance policies and procedures
- Point of contact to the SMCR team.
- Monitoring ongoing regulatory changes
- Gabriel / CONNECT / REGDATA reporting
- Response to CDD requests
- Monitoring Investment Transactions
- Being alert to any improvements that might make the department even more efficient
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- At least the last 2 years working in compliance in an AIFMD environment, ideally Private Equity or similar. Candidates without this experience or from non-buy side firms can not under any possible circumstances be considered.
- Knowledge of FCA/UK regulatory framework with direct relevant experience
- Good general knowledge of the FCA handbook , AIFMD, MIFID II & SMCR
- Fluent in English