Compliance Officer - Electronic Trading, Multilateral Trading Facility - London
Bloomberg's Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world's leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The global Compliance team within Bloomberg's Legal Department provides coverage of our regulated entities and products including support for our non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are looking for an experienced person to join the EMEA Compliance team in London to act as a Compliance Officer for Bloomberg's Multilateral Trading Facility ("BMTF").
BMTF is a robust trading platform for trading cash bonds, repos, credit default swaps, interest rate swaps, exchange-traded funds, equity derivatives and foreign exchange derivatives. We have built upon its existing end-to-end trading workflows to offer an efficient trading platform in the MiFID II regulatory environment.
By building upon the core technology of Bloomberg's existing fixed-income, equity and derivative trading platforms - used by more than 2,000 global institutions - BMTF provides eligible participants access to request for quote and request for trade functionality and liquidity across the Fixed Income asset class.
You will report to the Chief Compliance Officer of BMTF and be part of the team that has responsibility for leading all aspects of BMTF's compliance with regulatory requirements under the FCA as well as a number of overseas regulators. The ideal candidate will have significant regulatory experience with regard to financial markets and products, be familiar with FCA and European rules and Market Abuse requirements, and be able to undertake market supervision of participant activity, including trade surveillance.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide regulatory advice and guidance to business partners
- Undertake trade surveillance, participant engagement and market operations support
- Provide guidance on and implement controls relating to all FCA rules applicable to all relevant partners including the business
- Assist the business with further developing regulatory solutions and ensure continued and ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Respond to participant enquiries, providing mentorship in relation to the operation of the trading venue and its Rulebook
- Work with your colleagues to increase the profile of our department with the business
- Analyse the impact of developing regulatory changes
- Develop and streamline new and existing compliance processes
- Act as the second line of defence in a dynamic, forward thinking business
- Keep abreast of jurisdictional changes and challenges throughout Europe and beyond, working closely with legal
- Conduct continuing education for sales and product
You'll need to have:
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following asset classes: IRS, CDS, FX derivatives and Equity derivatives.
- Familiarity with the financial markets, electronic trading, trading platforms, FCA and EU rules
- Experience responding to regulatory and FCA changes and enquiries
- A track record of working with and advising senior business people on compliance matters
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- The ability to advise on regulatory changes and developments
- A great teammate with an analytical mind who is able to solve complex problems and streamline processes
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of MiFID ii / MiFIR and MAR
- Secondary markets experience in FICC
- Knowledge of Brexit operational and regulatory environment
- Experience working in a dynamic team and live market environment
- Prior experience dealing with overseas regulators such as MAS, ASIC, HKMA etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.