Compliance Officer 6 month contract for an diversified alternatives asset manager & hedge fund investor. Compliance Officer
6 month contract for an diversified alternatives asset manager & hedge fund investor. This is a Mid-Senior level role, with candidates needing 5+ relevant years experience as a minimum to apply.
Prior experience with UCITS is highly desirable, as is relevant hedge fund / asset management experience.
A candidate with broad experience is highly desirable - both in terms of their function (compliance generalist) but also their exposure to working in firms of different sizes & jurisdictions. Responsibilities:
Skills & Knowledge:
- Managing the Firm's UK compliance monitoring program incorporating FCA and other relevant EMEA regulatory provisions
- Reviewing new rules and regulatory changes impacting EMEA offices, particularly MiFID II, SMCA, GDPR, and ensuring the business and compliance policies are appropriately updated
- Tracking preparing and making all required regulatory filings with FCA, DFSA, and HKSFC.
- Implementing a robust and effective AML program
- Updating and drafting of compliance policies and procedures
- Reviewing marketing materials
- Training employees on compliance and related issues
- Ad-hoc special projects
- 5+ years' relevant compliance experience with a hedge fund or fund of funds
- Strong working knowledge of FCA rules and requirements, including AML
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work with minimal day-to-day oversight; flexible and adaptable
- Methodical approach and ability to complete routine tasks consistently well; entrepreneurial
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiastic team approach
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize a high-volume workload
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.