MERJE are currently representing a large global investment house in the search for a Compliance Monitoring specialist. Our client is highly reputable Asset Manager with a focus on emerging-market equities, multi-asset strategies, absolute return investing and global bonds.
The key objective of the role is to provide assurance that regulatory risk is being adequately managed within the business and the individual will be a part of a team of 3 supporting the Head of Compliance Monitoring.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning monitoring assignments and executing them in a timely manner in line with the agreed monitoring plan
- Conducting the pre-scoping exercise for each monitoring review (including meeting with key stakeholders), documenting the scope
- Conducting all field work, evaluating risk and processes and procedures, documenting all testing and sampling.
- Compiling and organising all review documentation and testing output to ensure a clear audit trail
- Drafting reports and agreeing issues with stakeholders
- Contributing to the Compliance Department’s assessment of the regulatory risks faced by the business
- Involvement in ad hoc Compliance projects and tasks as appropriate
- Representing the monitoring team at governance committees and forums as required and/or preparing monitoring MI
- 3-4 years of relevant 2nd line risk based / thematic monitoring experience
- Ideally worked in an Asset or Investment Management environment
- Experience of applying monitoring methodologies / audit methodology within financial organisations
- Demonstrate understanding of the 2nd line of defence and of Compliance review work in general
- Good level of knowledge of UK regulatory requirements essential, covering topics such as Market Abuse, Conflicts of Interest, TCF, Dealing and Managing, Best Execution, Financial Promotions
- Able to build and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders of all levels
- Well organised self-starter, able to prioritise quickly and adapt to tight timeframes and meet deadlines
- Able to walk through processes and procedures and detect possible control weaknesses to target testing appropriately
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities in the future.
To discuss the role in greater detail please contact Edward Manson on 0203 637 1601 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org