Compliance Manager - Wealth Management & Investment Services
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 19
My client is a premier global financial markets organisation
A position now exists for a dynamic Compliance Manager based in London to join the International Team forming part of the bank’s second line of defence. The position involves occasional travel.
The Manager will assist in the development and review of regulatory compliance policies and procedures; maintain a compliance risk assessment framework for the business and partake in regulatory monitoring and reporting activities. This business division is a key strategic growth area for the bank in Europe and part of the Manager’s role will be to assist Compliance work streams in any expansionary projects that may take place.
The position will interact directly with other key functions including Legal, Credit, Treasury, Finance, Risk, Fraud and Operations.
Due to the responsibilities associated with the role, adjustments to titles and internal reporting lines may be deemed appropriate.
Key responsibilities include
- To provide Subject Matter Expertise for the Regulatory Change Management Process and to the First Line of Defence (FLOD) on the application of EU, Irish, UK and Guernsey regulation. This includes process change and new products reviews through established internal processes such as Product Risk Management (PRISM) and the New Product Approval Process (NPAP).
- To oversee the marketing/advertising compliance sign-off process (referred to as the Compliance Material Review & Approval process).
- To maintain an Enterprise Compliance Risk framework for the business and ensure sufficient Conduct Management Information is produced by business lines.
- To maintain good stakeholder engagement and build ongoing relationships with the FLOD to promote a culture of openness.
- To escalate any identified breaches or material conduct risk issues.
- To maintain a network of contacts within Corporate Compliance in areas relevant.
- Strong previous experience within a compliance role
- Experience of funds/custody/banking regulation.
- Demonstrable experience of interaction and influencing at a senior level.
- Collaborative in approach with strong emphasis on delivery and execution.
- Management experience an advantage.