As a Barclays Compliance Manager, you will be working along with the Financial Crime Business Compliance team, overseeing the firm’s financial crime compliance and risk management approach. This is an exciting opportunity to join a knowledgeable team, where you will be acting as a trusted advisor managing the control enhancement and remediation plans, and ensuring the business effectively mitigates the risks of products and services being abused for the purposes of money laundering, terrorism financing, or other financial crime.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as Financial Crime Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all aspects of the Barclays Bank PLC control framework
- Providing Financial Crime oversight and advice to ensure that first line is equipped to performs the accountabilities
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies
- Analysing and providing sophisticated risk sensitive decisions and advice, supported by clear rationale and justification aligning with the firm’s risk appetite
- Utilising organisational data on clients, products, threats and industry outcomes to drive maturity in our oversight mechanisms and embed proactive risk identification
- Supporting and overseeing the businesses development of new products, services and geographical expansion
- Issuing identification, co-ordination and escalation through our governance structures
Developing, enhancing and maintaining financial crime related management information
What we’re looking for:
- Good understanding of Financial Crime regulations, guidance and risk mitigation strategies
- A creative and forward thinker, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A highly organised and structured expert, with the ability to navigate complex problems and provide pragmatic solutions
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to identify themes and trends from large volumes of data and to manage entire projects of work end to end
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience with the engagement of key stakeholders to ensure effective partnerships with the business, giving and receiving challenges at all levels
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and Policy Standards
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as: a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and it is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.