Established company with an extending vision is looking to recruit a Head of Compliance with 8+ years in MLRO and at least 3+ years’ experience for its FCA authorised Electronic Money Institution (EMI) with additional payment services permissions.
The Firm is seeking an intelligent, dynamic, innovative, and driven Senior Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer to be responsible for oversight of the Firm’s compliance and with AML and CTF rules and lead the operational and effectiveness of the systems and controls.
Reporting directly to the Executive Board, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all AML / CTF activities. This position is critical to support the growth of the Firm’s business and will be the focal point for all activity within the Firm relating to Compliance and AML / CTF.
This role will require the development and maintenance of the Firm’s Compliance strategies and relevant policies and ensure their rigorous implementation across all functions within the business, while guaranteeing sustained regulatory compliance.
The incumbent will have the level of authority, independence, and support to properly carry out their responsibilities in connection with the Firm’s Compliance Program, AML and PSD II Directive.
The Firm are committed to the highest standards of control, governance, and independent oversight. We are searching for extensive experience in the financial industry and proven experience in a PSD II Compliance and AML functions who is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and Compliance within the Firm.
This role will drive implementation of Compliance control as highlighted in the AML and Compliance Risk Assessments and include a broad set of cross-functional responsibilities to ensure that all personnel are trained, processes are scalable, and metrics are accurately reported.
You will be expected to identify Compliance and AML / CTF risks and maintain the Firm’s systems and controls, considering a range of factors, including the Firm’s:
- Customer, product, and activity profiles.
- Distribution channels.
- Complexity and volume of our transactions.
- Processes and systems, and operating environment.
As Chief Compliance Officer and MLRO of the firm, you will be responsible for (including but not limited to):
- Regulatory oversight of the UK entity.
- Ongoing FCA liaison.
- Compliance training.
- Continuous liaison with Executive Management.
- Compliance staff recruitment when required.
- The incumbent will also be expected to become an EMD Individual.
- Maintenance of the Firm’s risk management policies and risk profile in relation to money laundering and the financing of terrorism, including the application of those policies.
- Supervision of appropriate measures to ensure that money laundering and the financing of terrorism risks are considered in the Firm’s day-to-day operations, including in relation to the development of new products; the taking-on of new customers, and changes in the Firm’s business profile.
- Building, and taking accountability for, the AML / CTF risk management program and the undertaking of regular AML / CTF risk assessments.
- Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant Compliance risk and guide management in the development / reviewing / updating of relevant policies, procedures, and business practices.
- Driving a Compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities.
- Participating and collaborating in Compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conducting Compliance assessments and define requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products.
- Preparing reports to Executive management and escalating any key or high-risk Compliance issues within the Firm’s existing governance structure.
- As MLRO, you will also provide support to the business by providing guidance, as appropriate.
- Working cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Collaborating with internal Compliance and Fraud staff to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements.
- Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of Compliance requirements.
This role is critical to the overall execution of the Firm’s Compliance and AML Programs. You will need to implement Program changes to comply with the changing regulatory environment and advise change management processes and control requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of PSD II.
- The gravitas to discharge these duties at a senior level including interaction with Executive and senior level management and the FCA if required.
- Excellent PSD II Compliance, AML, and Corporate Governance exposure / knowledge.
- Self-starter, motivated, with the ability to work both solo and as part of a bigger team.
- You are committed to, and excited about, world class compliance and independent oversight of this important agenda.
- You are an in-depth strategic thinker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across many functional groups and be able to manage the Firm’s business needs.
- You understand the customer experience and make business-oriented recommendations to ensure Compliance with key requirements.
- You can work closely with the Firm’s Operations and Technology Teams.
- You have previous experience as an MLRO with a strong background in financial services.
- You can influence, coach, and develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels, gaining their acceptance, and driving change.
- You are intellectually curious, and you can bring valuable insights into the team and business.
- You thrive in dynamic working environments.
- You have a data driven approach to problem solving.
- Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills.
- Experience with FCA regulatory liaison.
- High levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.