Compliance Business Partner
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Mission Description of the Business Line or Department
The Compliance function monitors and advises the business in respect of all regulatory matters, including:
- Compliance conduct of business;
- Regulatory reporting; and
- Compliance projects
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Summary of responsibilities Compliance Management:
- The primary purpose of the Business Partner - Commercial and CSG is to provide independent assurance that compliance and non-financial regulatory risks are identified, monitored and managed within Kleinwort Hambros defined risk appetite, specifically for the Commercial and CSG areas.
- The Business Partner - Commercial and CSG will be responsible for providing advisor, enabler and enforcer support. You will be responsible for oversight of the continuing adequacy and adherence of policies and processes in light of UK regulatory requirements and market and business developments, specifically for the Commercial and CSG areas.
- The role holder will mitigate compliance and regulatory risk and contribute broadly to the Risk management objectives as part of the second line of defence team. Functional responsibility is to work with the UK Compliance Team and support the Head of Compliance, to respond to advisory queries, upgrade and implement policies in light of regulatory developments, work with regulators and enforcement agencies and conduct some control room type activity as required.
- Deputise for the Head of Compliance as required
- Provide advice and guidance to the Business and the Compliance Team
- Assist in monitoring external regulatory and business developments and help develop and implement policies and procedures to reflect new requirements
- Provide Board members, senior management and staff with sound and timely advice, guidance and support including review and approval of financial promotions, with a particular focus on the Commercial and CSG areas.
- Help to identify and address regulatory compliance risks.
- Provide advice on policies and regulatory requirements.
- Regularly review and upgrade Compliance Manuals, Policies and other written guidance.
- Assist in evaluating and progressing proposed new products/ relationships and other business initiatives.
- Assist in analysing and preparing for the impact of upcoming regulatory developments
- Uphold the Kleinwort Hambros values and, by example, support culture of compliance with policies, appropriate risk management and the principle of treating customers fairly.
- Train and act as a source of expert advice, mentor and role model for Compliance Analysts.
- Manage, monitor and review relevant team activities including record keeping; observations of team members, instigate additional training where required etc.
- Performance management responsibility to include regularly monitoring all aspects of the teams' deliverables to ensure that the team operate to the best of their ability within the approved team and regulatory structure of Kleinwort Hambros.
- Provide management and leadership of the team through regular team and 1-2-1 meetings, robust performance management and development support to ensure that they operate as a cohesive and motivated team.
- On-boarding and induction of new hires into the team
- Contribute to and achieve personal and team targets reviewing at regular intervals throughout the year with the Head of Compliance
- Strong business partnering approach and communication with the business to ensure all projects are delivered and issues highlighted are resolved
- Lead and participate in group projects as appropriate
- Work within a team to help identify areas for improvement.
- Support CAFC team and act as back up for Head of Compliance where required.
- Develop and sustain technical knowledge across the products and services of the Bank to ensure business is supported.
- Updated personal knowledge of intermediary/wealth management/private banking market, ensuring that the reputation of Kleinwort Hambros is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally and to give continuous consideration to treating customers fairly.
- Maintain full, accurate files/notes of meetings/calls/conversations using KH core systems to store.
- Work with Internal Audit to ensure all audit actions are follow up and completed
Level of autonomy and authority
- Improve the process and procedures to meet suitability, due diligence and other conduct requirements, follow best practice and new regulation within the regulatory framework, suitability, conduct risk and Treating Customers Fairly principles
- Understand, improve and apply internal Risk and Compliance policy, process and procedures
The role reports to the Head of Compliance and is responsible for the provision of compliance services to the Commercial and CSG areas. The Business Partner - Commercial and CSG can make UK based Compliance and people management decisions in the absence of the Head of Compliance Profile Competencies
- Manager contributor competencies as defined by the SG Leadership model
- People management experience
- Strong stakeholder management and decision making skills
- Good understanding of local compliance provisions
- Significant Financial Services experience
- Can demonstrate significant compliance experience
- Experience of working on Compliance related projects
- Knowledge of private banking local business, products and front office
- Good knowledge and understanding of control and reporting tools
- Ability to assess and analyse information to propose commercial solutions
- Attention to detail and focus
- Good written & communication skills
- Knowledge of Immune golden rules and adherence to them
- Numeracy, drafting and record keeping
- Team Spirit & Collaboration
- Attention to detail and focus
- Good project / change management skills
- Wealth management/private banking experience is desirable
Wealth Management/Private Banking experience EDUCATION Desirable:
Private Wealth, Funds or IFA/Investment qualifications LANGUAGES Desirable
French desirable but not essential Evolution
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment