The objective of the London branch Compliance function is to assist management in ensuring the London branch of Danske Bank and its employees comply with applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards in order to mitigate Danske Banks compliance risks. The London branch Compliance function forms part of Group Compliance which provides independent oversight of compliance risk management and governance to assist Danske Bank’s management in promoting a strong compliance culture within the Bank. The jobholder is accountable to the Head of Compliance, International Units C&I. There are c90 employees based in London and three in the Compliance department.
Main Duties, Responsibilities and Assignments:
- Pro-active support and advice to assist the identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting of compliance risks (thereby enabling the London Branch to embed the Conduct agenda)
- Identify, escalate and report any issues where non-compliance is not addressed.
- Collaborate with and advise business and management on all compliance issues.
- Train employees in compliance disciplines with attention to the key risk areas.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of business policies, processes and procedures to ensure the impact of regulatory issues can be effectively assessed.
- Assistance and participation in project-related work (from time to time).
Monitoring and Quality Assurance
- Assist with ad-hoc selected control, review and Quality Assurance activities necessary to mitigate identified compliance risk, taking any necessary actions and communicating findings to management.
- Assist in the production of management reporting (MI) to ensure timely and accurate reporting of key compliance risks to local management and Group Compliance.
Professional Examinations, Qualifications and Experience required
A relevant Compliance, legal or accounting qualification would be preferred but is not essential.
Previous experience in a Bank (Corporate or Investment) or a Securities Company desirable
- Knowledge of compliance, risk and legal issues
- Knowledge of markets products
- Understanding of the FCA / PRA regulatory framework / regulatory risk environment
- Basic understanding of relevant legislation (MiFID2, PSD2, EMIR, Dodd-Frank) and relevant industry codes (e.g. FX Global Code)
- Business understanding
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Planning and organising capability
- Structured approach to problem solving decisions
- High standard of proficiency in oral and written English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Motivated, with a can-do attitude