- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 18
Compliance Assistant Vice President (Project Manager)
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Compliance Assistant Vice President (Compliance AVP) will work as a project manager in an evolving regulatory environment within the Global Compliance Project Management and Regulatory Filings team.
The individual will assist the Compliance team by managing projects related to regulatory examinations, regulatory examination remediations, regulatory filings, regulatory requests for information in jurisdictions throughout the EMEA region, and by managing other compliance projects as requested. The Compliance AVP will be responsible for:
- Managing effectively the compliance projects assigned to him/her
- Developing and maintaining project plans while working with local Compliance officers in the delivery of accurate and timely regulatory filings, remediation efforts, and exam or ad-hoc regulatory inquiries
- Managing multiple, concurrent projects at a time while adhering to the core project management processes and procedures within the team and maintaining a high level of quality and consistency for all assigned projects
- Defining and articulating clearly project scope, milestones, dates with minimal oversight
- Ensuring efficient and effective project delivery through the use of project meetings, follow-ups, detailed and well thought out scheduling/planning efforts, identification of risks, and the production of quality project artefacts
- Providing analysis, recommendations, and assistance with implementation of process improvements within the Compliance Project Management and Regulatory Filings team
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships within the Compliance department and with other internal and external stakeholders
- Providing accurate and timely weekly project updates using a centralized reporting system
- Supporting the EMEA Compliance team as requested in various projects and initiatives
- Assisting in the preparation of periodic management reporting
- Participating in cross team initiatives within the department as requested
Moody's Compliance Department operates globally with reporting line located in New York.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as a project manager within a financial industry regulator, law firm, and/or compliance department of a regulated financial services firm, or within a PMO organization working on Compliance (non-IT) projects
- Strong interest in compliance work
- Strong academics with a BA / BSc / Master's Degree (or equivalent)
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized and efficient, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge and practice of project management guidelines and principles
We will also be looking for the individual to have the following skills;
- Highest ethical standards
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Computer competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint-
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business and regulatory environments
- Ability to work effectively and supportively within a global team
- Ability to work independently in EMEA and as part of EMEA and global teams
- Ability to lead project work streams with diverse audiences
- Strong collaboration and influencing without authority skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.