- £35,000 + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Henderson Rowe Limited
- 03 Apr 18 2018-04-03
Energetic, capable Compliance junior required to provide direct analytical support to the Compliance Director & MLRO, in a dynamic and growing private client wealth management business. Excellent development opportunities, working with highly experienced compliance professionals, directly covering the full scope of Compliance for a regulated investment management business. You will engage with all business functions, conducting appropriate Compliance monitoring reviews, Fighting Financial Crime checks, analysis of business data and provision of reports. You will have the opportunity to develop your professional skills, representing Compliance at industry events, discussion groups and seminars.
Specific Knowledge/Skills required for the Role:
- Detailed understanding of Compliance as applies to Investment Management/Administration.
- Detailed understanding of requirements of relevant regulatory handbooks (Primarily COBS, also SUP, DISP etc).
- Highly analytical approach using lateral thinking and attention to detail
Qualifications & Regulatory Knowledge:
- Graduate level preferred but not essential for an experienced candidate.
- Ideally holder of relevant professional qualifications; Compliance, AML/CTF, (legal or industry body).
- Minimum of 2 years as a practitioner within the Compliance sector.
Detailed Responsibilities (non-exhaustive):
- Departmental Business Plans - Assisting in the creation of business plans for the Compliance Function, in particular contributing to the ongoing development of the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Compliance Monitoring - Conduct regular and scheduled monitoring in accordance with the annual Compliance Monitoring Programme. Analysis of data and provision of regular updates to Compliance Director & MLRO.
- Reporting - Assist in the creation of reporting for senior management and the Board, providing analysis on compliance data/activity as required.
- Breaches & Errors - Conduct monitoring and reporting of breaches and errors, adopting a root cause analysis approach to ascertain why errors occurs and assist in taking appropriate corrective action.
- Conduct Risk & TCF - Champion the adoption, implementation and on-going adherence to the requirements of a conduct risk and TCF culture.
- Fighting Financial Crime, fraud and AML - Conduct monitoring and analysis against the relevant AML/CTF and Anti-Fraud Policies and controls. Conduct AML checking and Due Diligence/Enhanced Due Diligence under the supervision of the Compliance Director & MLRO.
- Knowledge Management - Act as a point of reference within the business concerning Policies/Procedures, monitoring activity and best practice.
- Client Complaints - Ensure all complaints are logged and follow the internal Complaints Handling Procedure.
- General Compliance - Monitor outside developments in the wider investment management sector and the compliance industry to maintain an up to date knowledge and awareness of relevant issues, future trends and best practice.
- Training & Competence - Conduct monitoring and analysis of the Training & Competency Scheme, providing information and reports where required.
- Suitability & KYC - Carry out client on-boarding and second line of defence file checking of comprehensive KYC information and suitability assessments. Ensuring internal procedures have been followed and highlighting errors and inconsistencies.