Compliance Analyst, Regulatory Coordinator
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
We are seeking a compliance professional to join our Compliance team in London as a Compliance Analyst focused on coordinating, assessing and advising on global ESG / sustainable investing laws and regulations . This individual will play an important role in supporting the continued evolution of the firm's sustainable investment vision, strategy and priorities and ensuring that we meet the expectations of clients and regulators globally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement and co-ordinate sustainable investment regulation horizon scanning and tracking process, ensuring global regulatory developments are tracked, key deliverables and timelines identified, and a global tracker maintained
- Conduct impact assessments of new sustainable investment regulatory requirements, working with key stakeholders in legal and the business
- Support regulatory policy efforts relating to sustainable investing, including participating in industry groups developing comments and feedback on proposed regulations,
- Develop and implement process for the dissemination of information on new regulatory requirements, coordinating with the relevant Legal and Enterprise Risks colleagues
- Work with the program manager and workstream leads on the Wellington SI Regulatory Readiness project to ensure all relevant regulations are included in the project plan and leads are clear on key deliverables and timelines
- Work with relevant senior Legal and Enterprise Risk team members, including the Legal and Enterprise Risks Sustainable Investment Lead to identify Legal and Enterprise Risks experts to work on new regulatory initiatives or other sustainable investment/ESG business initiatives (eg NZAMI 2050)
- Assist with devising and providing training on new sustainable investment regulations for Legal & Enterprise Risk colleagues and impacted business areas.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong academic background, including an undergraduate degree
- 3+ years' experience gained at an asset manager or other financial institution
- Experience of tracking, assessing, and advising on new regulatory requirements
- Strong organizational skills, with a good eye for detail
- Project management skills to ensure efficient and timely co-ordination of regulatory and project tasks
- Ability to get on top of new and complex regulation in a short time frame
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively distill and communicate complex issues in a way that is easily digestible
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Good experience of tools such as PowerPoint and Excel
- Language skills would be a positive but is not a requirement
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .