- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Holmes Search
- 05 Oct 18
Exciting opportunity to work in an investment bank within the compliance team. Looking for a dynamic and hungry individual who is going to think outside of the box and bring new ideas to the team. Excellent knowledge of desk and thematic reviews required, a fab opportunity for a desk reviews individual who is looking to get into a more weighted compliance role
Reporting to and working closely with the Head of Compliance Monitoring in London, responsibilities will include:
- Executing periodic Financial Crime and Regulatory Compliance Policy and Control testing and deep-dive thematic and desk Compliance Monitoring reviews in accordance with the compliance monitoring methodology. This will include:
- Analysing applicable regulatory requirements;
- Developing understanding of Bank’s compliance and regulatory risk management processes, procedures and controls;
- Testing the adequacy and effectiveness of the Bank’s control frameworks for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Preparing work papers to support the testing and review work performed and the conclusions reached;
- Working with Business and Compliance colleagues to ensure that remediation plans are agreed for any control weaknesses identified;
- Documenting the results of the review and testing in a formal report for senior management and Board Risk Management Committee;
- Following up agreed corrective actions to ensure issues have been appropriately addressed;
- Carry out other ad hoc reviews and investigations as requested by management.
- Supporting the preparation of the annual risk-based Compliance Monitoring Plan and maintenance of the supporting compliance monitoring planning methodology.
- Assisting in the development of a Compliance Assurance Programme that will expand the scope of the periodic testing of processes and controls.
- Assisting in the development of the Compliance Monitoring testing library.
- Engaging with members of various Business departments, Operations, Compliance and IT based in London and in international locations as part of the review and testing mandate.
- The position is based in London. There may be an occasional need to undertake assignments in overseas offices.
Knowledge, technical skills and experience:
- Investment and Corporate Banking product and services knowledge;
- Good knowledge of UK regulatory requirements and FCA Handbook;
- Good undestanding of risk and control;
- Analytical mathematical;
- Good process improvement skills;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Good stakeholder management.
- High level of integrity;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Builds good relationships;
- Hardworking, reliable and team-player
The role would suit someone who is:
- A self starter;
- Able to navigate complexity;
- Logical thinker;