Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Your Impact
: Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our consumer business provides digital solutions to help consumers with their financial goals. The role provides marketing compliance coverage of the Marcus UK business, working with global team members focused on CWM's digital consumer banking business.
Consumer Compliance works to protect consumers and ensure that Marcus UK's deposit and savings business and any new products in the UK meet the requirements set out in our compliance management system and applicable regulation.
As a Marketing Compliance Business Unit Vice President, you will engage directly with the Consumer and Wealth Management Card business by providing day-to-day marketing compliance oversight, making recommendations and approving customer facing marketing materials in accordance with applicable regulations and Bank rules, policies, procedures and controls established to mitigate compliance risks. This will include advising and assisting with the implementation of Compliance program controls, assisting with the enhancement of procedures and policies, and providing guidance to the business on applicable rules and regulations relating to marketing of consumer financial products.
- Provides marketing compliance advisory services. This includes working closely with the marketing teams to identify compliance risks, set compliance requirements and provide regulatory guidance on marketing materials in areas related to deposits and investment products.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to design processes and capabilities that conform to UK consumer financial law and guidance
- Partner with business teams to ensure testing and ongoing monitoring properly considers and mitigates compliance risks
- Assists the business with responding to regulatory requests and exam deliverables.
- Engages with other internal departments, including: Legal, Executive Office, Operations, Technology, Vendor Management, Business Risk, and Core Compliance.
- Provide training on applicable compliance requirements
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Experience in marketing of consumer banking and/or investment products.
- Experience in compliance, legal, regulation or related business side experience in consumer finance would be helpful but is not essential
- Knowledge of the financial promotions regime under the FCA and general understanding of UK law and regulatory landscape.
- Familiarity with digital marketing.
- Law Degree a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and interest in digital and retail-focused businesses
- Strong project management, analytical, and functional skills
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- A collaborative approach focused on finding solutions within a team
- Highly motivated, reliable, and accountable
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity