Complex Securities - Executive - London (Financial Services)
Posting date - 02/07/2019
Closing date - 31/07/2019
Salary - £Competitive
Location - London
Hours - 35, Monday - Friday
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Complex Securities consultant, you'll help make that happen. You'll be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of around 200 people sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Business Modelling network of over 1,550 specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process. The Opportunity
As a dedicated Financial Services team we are looking to expand our existing Complex Securities business to capture exciting opportunities, particularly within the Private Equity, Investment Fund and Financial Services industry sectors. As a result, we are looking for an experienced Executive (or Senior Executive) with strong financial engineering skills to grow our team to the next level. We work with major corporate and private equity clients, investment banks, large central government departments and other public sector bodies, advising them on complex strategic, commercial, financial and operational decisions and you'd be an integral part of the team delivering on multiple projects. Your key responsibilities
As an Executive or Senior Executive within Complex Securities you'll carry out valuations of complex financial products and derivatives, collect and analyse financial market data and time series as well as develop solutions for clients based on sound quantitative models. Review complex quantitative models developed by clients or third parties. You'll work across the financial services team, applying risk management techniques in a practical setting. You'll be able to understand the fundamentals of valuation, prepare an independent analysis, and explain the rationale behind the chosen approach, drawing on your experience from either financial services, consultancy or in a relevant role in industry, with demonstrable problem solving skills. Skills and Attributes for Success
- Decision making - strong client management and communication skills, rigorous analytical techniques and excellent data handling skills.
- Reporting - Prepare and present reports to support these analyses and solutions.
- Analytics & Budgeting - You'll a ssist senior consulting staff with statistical and analytic support. Work within available budgets and communicate progress to the assignment manager.
- Technical Expertise - modelling complex securities and derivative instruments and applying risk management techniques in a practical setting .
- Programming - You'll demonstrate strong technical modelling or programming skills, with expert knowledge of Excel and MATLAB, and/or other programming tools such as VBA.
- Time & People Management - you'll deliver to demanding deadlines, be a team worker and possess good communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex models and concepts to less technical personnel.
- Project Management - Actively involved throughout the life-cycle of an assignment - requirements definition, specification, data collection, solution design, development, documentation, implementation and user training.
- Client service - Manages clients' expectations in relation to deliverables.
- Risk averse - Identifies risk on the assignment, involving Director / Partner appropriately in its resolution.
To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally you'll also have
- ACCA Qualified
- Degree in finance or accounting
- Professional Services Experience (UK, 4+ years)
- Financial Services Experience (UK, 4+ years)
- Highly numerate with a strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical and modelling techniques to provide insights to business issues.
What we are looking for
- Fixed income markets and debt financing experience.
- IAS 39 / IFRS 9 / IFRS 13 and other accounting standards relating to the measurement of financial instruments and derivatives.
- Simulation techniques in financial engineering and economics.
We are looking for candidates who are excited about Complex Securities within transactions. You'll thrive on being a numerate, logical thinker with a passion for this field and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly over model reviews as well as building assignments where required, What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Who we are
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.