The role of the Complaints Handler is to ensure the accurate execution of the client complaint process for the SVB UK Branch. The role consists of; the logging, tracking and investigation of client complaints with escalation to expedite resolution.
The Complaints Handler will be expected to work through each complaint to resolution, ensuring a fair and correct outcome is reached in line with the relevant industry practices and regulations. This will involve working collaboratively with a range of business partners, to ensure all outcomes are reached in a timely manner.
Given the EMEA Complaints team is part of the wider UK Client Services group, close collaboration with the Client Service Advisors is paramount.
There is a need for the individual to have a good understanding of general banking practices as each complaint will need to be classified in line with PSR, PSD2 and MiFID requirements. Also, during the investigation, close attention must be paid to the Treating Customers Fairly policy.
The Complaint Handler has to be able to demonstrate experience in the ability to identify and resolve client problems/issues, and product and service issues, alongside building and nurturing client relationships.
All SVB employees have accountability for understanding and adhering to bank policies and procedures, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements are also critical components in this role.
A “continuous improvement” focus is required to drive improvements in efficiency and to spot opportunities to automate, simplify and streamline in order to enhance the client experience and further differentiate SVB.
- Day to day responsibility of the EMEA Complaints mailbox, ensuring all new complaints received are logged accurately
- The individual will be responsible for working their allocated complaints end to end, ensuring a fair and thorough investigation has been carried out
- Classification of complaints and determination of the ultimate resolution and subsequent communication in line with guidelines
- Liaising with internal business partners to drive towards complaint resolution
- Responding to complaints received via telephone, email or face to face
- Progressing complaints within FCA regulated timeframes and SVB’s service level agreements
- Ensuring exceptional levels of client service at all times.
- Prompt escalation of complaints that have breached the SVB EMEA Complaints Handling Procedure.
- A-Level qualifications or above
- Previous experience of client complaint handling
- Enthusiasm for delighting clients
- Experience in banking operations or a prior client facing role
- Strong skills including; interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organisational, prioritisation, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
- Positive energy, “spirit of collaboration” and partnership
- Proactively build internal relationships and collaborate with others
- Excellent communication abilities, including strong written and verbal skills, and the ability to explain complex issues and convey information, both internally and externally, in an articulate and professional manner