Compensation & Benefits Analyst / London based
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
- Permanent, Full time
- VTB Capital
- 09 Dec 18
VTB Capital’s goal is to be Russia’s Investment Banking powerhouse. We want to be the firm that is a natural choice for all Russian Investment banking and asset management products. A choice our clients around the world make routinely and with confidence. Our mission is to exceed client expectations by providing first class financial services. To create value for the benefit of our clients and for economic and social progress globally.
The role is wide ranging, encompassing support on all compensation and benefits activity relating to employees in London and Singapore. The role supports both the Global Reward team based in Moscow and HR management in London. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and confident in their approach, and able to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
The role will involve:
- Transactional support for the Global Reward team with an intense focus during and after the Year End Process.
- Support various compensation projects and report on progress at team meetings.
- Ad hoc reporting and analytics on request on all types of compensation
- Calculation and production of recharge reports for Finance.
- Preparation of reporting for regulators/HMRC. This includes the submission of the list of Material Risk Takers, Gender Pay Reporting, High Earner’s Report, Pillar III and Form 42
- International Share Plan support to include reconciliation and distribution of files received from administrator and liaising with all stakeholders including Finance, Audit and the EBT
- Support process design and user acceptance testing for Reward systems. Suggest methods to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and related enabling technologies
- Support preparation of RemCo materials and prepare distribution pack for London based members.
- Responsibility for administrative tasks such as checking monthly payroll control sheet, providing details on unvested deferrals for leavers to HRBPs, monthly address updates, preparation of auto-enrolment files for payroll and provision of benefit cost updates.
- Prepare compensation payment files (e.g., incentive performance bonus, salary increase, proceeds from share elections) and liaise with Payroll to ensure on-time, accurate delivery to employees
- Preparation of buyout calculations for new hires
- Produce, distribute and collect Director Emoluments forms and work closely with external auditors to validate and reconcile amounts in the year end accounts
- Participate and complete various surveys throughout the year
- Process joiners and leavers (benefits enrolment, notifying brokers, requesting premium debits or credits, updating benefit trackers).
- Manage international benefits mailbox, responding to basic queries or escalating as appropriate.
- Review invoices, assigning appropriate cost codes for finance using pivot tables, providing requisite cost breakdowns for finance and other teams as required.
- Assist with benefits renewal work (review initial proposals from broker, highlight errors in information, request further back-up and discounts to premium, present recommendations to Global Reward team).
- Draft employee communications on new benefits or benefit changes
- Review and update benefit fact sheets annually
- Review and update reward manual and process flows as required
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (including vlookup functions, pivot tables, data sorting and analytics), Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience of working in Financial Services, preferably Investment banking, is essential
- Knowledge of UK and International benefit plans is essential
- Experience of annual compensation reviews
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Articulate and confident, able to clearly communicate with internal colleagues and consultants.
- Discrete when handling confidential data and employee issues.
- Previous experience working in a Reward role required with a demonstrable interest in the compensation and benefits field.
- Diligent, hard-working and ambitious in the reward space.
- Completion of IEBA exams / pension administration work - 'nice to have'.