Company Secretarial Assistant
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Cantor Fitzgerald.
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Cantor Fitzgerald are looking for an experienced Governance professional to join the Legal function for a 12 month maternity cover contract.
Main purpose of the role:
Part of the company secretarial team supporting Cantor Fitzgerald Europe (CFE), an unlimited liability company which is regulated by the FCA as well as other domestic and foreign entities.
A list of the main duties and expected outcomes of the role
- The main part of the role is arranging and minuting one board meeting and eight committee meetings (including collation of management information for meeting packs);
- Ability to draft board minutes, resolutions and carry out usual company secretarial filings and duties.
- Interest and willingness to learn and manage the company secretarial functions in relation to foreign entities and offices not just UK.
Skills / experience required:
Prior experience of taking detailed (narrative) minutes preferably in the financial services sector.
Alternatively, or in addition to this, an ACIS qualification would be useful, although the role would also suit someone taking the qualifications or with relevant experience
Could suit experienced minute taking secretary.
The department is always very lively and busy so the candidate should be able to deal with competing demands in a mature and sensible fashion. The candidate will be exposed to matters of strategic importance to the firm and the wider Group so discretion and confidentiality is essential.
- Self starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Confident to tackle wide range of company secretarial issues
- Takes ownership of requirements/issues and ensures they are resolved to meet objectives
- Very organised, disciplined and responsive
- Demonstrates an understanding of clients and their commercial needs
- Is able to liaise with and give guidance to the business and other departments in a firm, yet polite and effective manner
- Shares knowledge/experience with team
- Strong developed written and verbal communication skills
- Good reporting skills