Community Product Manager (IB) - London
Instant Bloomberg is the leading chat tool used by the global financial community. We recognize the value our clients derive from a platform integrated with their workflows, and see its continued popularity as central to our growth.
Our communications tools are fully integrated on the Terminal so users can design and instantly share live data, charts, analysis and lists with internal and external colleagues and collaborate across markets and countries without launching another application on the desktop. What's the role?
We are seeking a product manager to join our Community team, focusing on Instant Bloomberg (IB). As part of this team, you will help develop and implement the overall vision and strategy for IB. The Product Manager will work closely with Engineering to provide creative solutions to Bloomberg users. You will work alongside technologists and product managers across our organization to help solve interesting, sophisticated business problems and drive our strategy forward. You will need to leverage a deep understanding of trading workflows to guide the design of IB workflows and the underlying technology.
The role sits within our Financial Products group, the core of our business, responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of financial data and other functionality to the world's leading decision-makers in business and finance. We will trust you to:
You will need to have:
- Partner with engineering, execute against a product roadmap that produces scalable, secure and profitable output.
- Prioritize development initiatives and manage the flow of in-bound product development requests
- Work closely with other product managers to ensure that development and strategy initiatives align
- Collaborate across the organization to develop and execute an integrated approach to product management, leveraging the array of assets and capabilities in other parts of the organization.
- Consult with internal application teams to scope and deliver new integrations
- Build on the product's mobile capabilities in order to maintain relevance and popularity as tastes and behaviors change.
- Develop and track product metrics and milestones to ensure progress
- Maintain awareness to the rapidly changing competitive landscape and adapt accordingly
If this sounds like you:
- 5+ years experience
- Experience in the financial markets sector
- In-depth experience with trading life-cycles for multiple asset classes.
- Strong knowledge of financial technology and communication platforms
- Excellent written, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work cross-product and cross-functionally. Able to set an agenda, and to navigate conflict situations.
- Experience managing and tracking projects
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Opening date: 1st November 2019
Closing date: 1st December 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits