Salary for this role of up to £45,018 per annum We're looking for a skilled individual to join DWP's Cyber Resilience Centre team and help protect us protect the UK's largest government department.
We're looking for a skilled Communications Security professional to join DWP's Cyber Resilience Centre team and help protect us protect the UK's largest government department.
Our team provides central governance for, and central support to DWO, our partners and third party suppliers to help them manage and account for STRAP and Cryptographic material to the required government standards.
It's a fast paced and busy team with an extraordinary purpose. We work to keep DWP, its customers and its assets secure. You'll be supporting holistic Security and Data Protection works which reach across government and beyond, supporting the wider Transforming Government Security Programme which will enhance security provision and protection across Government.
What will I be working on?
You'll be responsible for the day to day management of STRAP and Rosa within DWP, and for many of our security partners
You'll be responsible for the positive development of working relationships with a range of key stakeholders across the Department and wider government. This will range across operational areas and right to very senior office
You will act as the Partner Account Manager for Rosa and the STRAP Security Officer.
And working within DWP's Cyber Resilience Centre means you'll have access to a wealth of development opportunities as you further your career in security.
- Lead the provision of strategic level communications, and the development and implementation of local STRAP policy.
- Oversee the control and management of STRAP and Rosa ICT systems, including rigorous and regular audits.
- Develop and manage delivery of STRAP / ROSA MI, KPIs and SLAs.
- Work with the Heads of Operational Capability, Cryptography and Assurance in order to develop and achieve operational capabilities to meet strategic goals and build CRC development.
- Act as main point of contact for any Information Governance related information required by the Security cluster partner community. Providing regular Management Information on Corporate Information Management work undertaken to Security cluster partners.
- Liaising with cluster organisation Senior Security Advisors (SSA) to establish requirements within individual organisations, identify emerging trends and any strategic priorities or objectives to be planned within the Rosa Programme of work, and providing appropriate advice.
- Management of the Rosa tenancy, working with cross cluster Corporate Information Managers in relation to any DPA/GDPR breaches.
- Oversee the training and account management of all Rosa requirements for the department and cluster partners.
- Co-ordinate and manage the departments and cluster partner Rosa budgetary/charging requirements.
What skills knowledge and experience do you need to show us?
- Strong experience of managing multiple priorities and responding flexibly and effectively to competing demands, balancing priorities accordingly.
- Practitioner experience of all aspects of security (Physical, Information and Personnel).
- Practical experience of working with STRAP accounting with knowledge of STRAPSO (STRAP Security Officer) requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of Rosa and experience of managing Rosa at Departmental level.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in our brilliant CRC hub in London.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, with many currently working from home where it is possible to do so.
In the long term we are committed to our corporate hub strategy with us envisaging a blended approach between office and flexibility to work some time from home.
We offer a competitive salary for this role of up to £45,018 per annum dependent on level of skills and experience, a brilliant civil service pension of 27%+ and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.