Communications Officer/Senior Communications Officer (MCDF)
The Multilateral Cooperation Center for Development Finance (MCDF) is a multilateral platform designed to increase high-quality connectivity investments in developing countries through wider application of accredited international financial institutions (IFIs) standards and to encourage other investors and financial institutions to adopt these standards. The MCDF activities include information sharing, building capacity and project preparation. The MCDF comprises:
- A Collaboration Platform, overseen and directed by the Coordination Committee (CC), to promote communication and collaboration among the IFIs and other development partners about their plans and activities relating to infrastructure and connectivity investment.
- A Finance Facility, overseen and directed by the Governing Committee (GC), to support grants to activities of the MCDF.
- A Secretariat to support the day-to-day operations of the MCDF.
- An Administrator to provide other, mainly financial, services to the MCDF.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) serves as the Administrator of the MCDF and host of the Secretariat with effect from June 30, 2020. The Secretariat will provide program management and administrative services to support the Finance Facility and the Collaboration Platform. It will be administratively established by, but functionally independent from, AIIB. Recognizing its functional independence, the Secretariat will be accountable to the GC for its activities while remaining accountable to the Administrator for complying with its administrative rules and procedures. The operations of the MCDF, including positions of the MCDF Secretariat, are subject to the availability of funds contributed to the MCDF.
The Communications Officer / Senior Communications Officer will support the MCDF develop and execute its communication campaigns.
- Develop communications strategies and execute high-quality, multi-channel communication campaigns that bring MCDF's mission to life; incorporate a data-driven evaluation program to measure campaign effectiveness.
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external business partners to ensure alignment and understanding of media opportunities and issues.
- Collaborate with teams across MCDF to surface stories that demonstrate how MCDF is fulfilling its mandate and turn those stories into compelling content for omnichannel campaigns and outreach efforts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and media outlets (print, TV, radio, web etc.) managing MCDF's presence on different media platforms (print, broadcast and digital).
- Conduct speech training. Write, review, and edit communications materials, including speeches, press releases, articles, briefing notes, brochures, and background papers.
- Develop and manage various events to build brand awareness of the MCDF to ensure that communication opportunities are maximized.
- Manage the MCDF website, social media accounts and branding.
- Ensure communications are executed to a standard of excellence and are accurate, engaging, properly positioned, easy to understand, and consistent with MCDF's brand goals.
- Any other duty assigned by the CEO of the Secretariat.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a corporate communications role at a multilateral development bank or private sector, financial institution, or other relevant organization.
- Able to work independently and thrive on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Up-to-date on best practices in digital channels and visual storytelling.
- Strategic and results-focused thinker.
- Keen understanding of how communications contribute to organizational goals.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to see the opportunity and take initiative to put a plan into action.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Written material must be print ready.
- Master's degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, political science, economics/finance, international relations, public affairs, marketing or other related fields from a reputable university.
The MCDF is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.