- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
See job description for details
Join us as Communications Manager for NatWest Markets in London
- Take on a new role in a recently formed team, where you'll be supporting NatWest Markets Chief Operating Office with leadership communications
- You'll be working closely with senior leaders to set the tone and style of communications, and ensure a clear and consistent narrative is communicated
- There's scope to work autonomously and shape this role to make it your own, while you hone your strategic communications expertise
What you'll do
Working in a close knit team, you'll be engaging with senior leaders to understand their communications priorities and determine a consistent tone and approach for NatWest Markets leadership communications. The communications you craft will be clear, engaging, appropriate to audience and purpose, and developed in line with our vision and values. You'll be devising strategically informed communications plans, working end to end with client management activities, and you'll also be involved in event management and engagement campaigns.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Scoping, defining, planning and managing communication projects, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality
- Helping to shape communications strategy, and aligning this with NatWest Markets' and the wider bank's vision, values and priorities
- Producing authentic and highly valued leadership communications
- Overseeing approvals for external communications such as media engagement, awards submissions and external speaking opportunities
- Delivering pre-planned communications and campaigns, agreed with the function head, to employees across the business
- Developing fit-for-purpose, engaging content to use in various channels across the business
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a talented, strategically-minded writer, with excellent stakeholder management and consultancy skills. You'll need experience writing clear, engaging and accurate content, tailored to specific audiences and purposes. You'll also have a record in employee communications across communication planning, delivery and channel management.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- Excellent communications, networking and influencing skills at a senior level
- The ability to work autonomously, to plan ahead, prioritise and deliver on complex communications projects
- Good working knowledge of different communications channels and formats that can be deployed
- Strong project management capabilities, and a collaborative ethos
- The ability to blend a creative and strategic approach to communication
- The initiative to develop new ideas, and the enthusiasm to get involved in shaping key strategies for NatWest Market and it's operating rhythm
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.