Communications Manager- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced Communications manager to join our award-winning London-based global Internal Communications team on a 12-month maternity cover. This role would suit an experienced Comms Manager looking to progress their career with a best-in-class, international organisation at our state-of-the-art London headquarters.
We want someone who will support the team and ensure that internal and leadership communications are delivered effectively to support strategic, key business and employee engagement objectives.
You will be positive with a can-do attitude and enjoy working with a wide variety of people at all levels of seniority around the firm.
Your level of enthusiasm and appetite to learn and find new solutions, as well as your strong written skills and flair for design, will see you flourish in this role.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have over 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
Join our dynamic award-winning Internal Communications team. We're here to make sure our people globally understand our strategic priorities, what's going on at Schroders and how it affects them.
What you'll do
• Creating and curating engaging copy daily, for use across multiple digital and print channels. Including news stories for the global intranet, features for our internal magazine, all employee email announcements, award entries and blog posts
• Excellent presentation making, writing, editing, story-telling and proofreading skills
• Ability to simplify complex content into concise and easy to understand narratives which link back to our corporate strategy
Tech and measurement
• Ability to pick up new skills and technical expertise across multiple platforms eg intranet, digital signage, polling tools, survey tools
• Familiar with measurement tools for internal comms
Events and projects
• Project and event management, coordination and implementation of company and brand events including the Chief Executive's monthly townhalls
• Manage campaigns for initiatives such as Diversity & Inclusion programmes, employee surveys and more
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator for creating visually appealing emails, posters, digital assets and other campaign support materials would be an advantage
• Assist with filming both on iPhone and with a professional crew
• Experience of working with external agencies (including design, digital, events)
• Working across and in collaboration with numerous departments
• Respond to ad hoc enquiries and build relationships with stakeholders across the business
• Representing the Communications team eg by presenting at internal events for new joiners
• While this role has no direct reports, assume the position of role model and mentor to more junior team members
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Excellent written skills
• An interest in investment management
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
What you'll be like
- Excellent written skills with a flair for creating engaging and informative copy
- Resilience, confidence to stand firm and say no when needed, while remaining diplomatic and consensus-driven
- Extensive communications experience
- Highly organised
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take a high level view but not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Able to multi-task at speed, operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A pro-active, motivated approach
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.