• Overseeing the risk taken by a number of Portfolio Managers in accordance with the mandate given to that individual.
• A key part of the role is to interact with Portfolio Managers, to ensure trading adheres to their mandate in terms of sizing and appropriateness.
• Provide numerous risk reports for a variety of reasons (Individual Portfolios, plus Desk, Regional and Fund level summary)
• Perform analysis on risk/ P&L drivers.
• The candidate is expected to be proactive in the development of risk tools by working with IT teams.
• The candidate will need to be able to provide an independent assessment of a trader’s portfolio, and present their findings clearly to Management
• Risk Management or Trading background with a Commodities focus
• Excellent analytical skills, along with the ability to communicate and present complex information effectively
• Modelling Knowledge (VaR, Pricing)
• IT skills (SQL/VBA) to a proficient level
Bruin is an independent recruitment consultancy with an exclusive focus on the financial and professional services sector.
Bruin is preferred supplier to the world's leading institutions who value our boutique apporach, our Consultants' in depth knowledge, and our award winning diversity and inclusion services.
As a specialist consultancy, we focus on assisting experienced candidates in our core areas and partner with clients to provide tailored advisory solutions.
Our core areas across the UK and Europe include:.
Acturial; Broking, Underwriting & Claims; Change Management & Technology; Compliance; Credit & Risk Management; Finance & Accountancy; HR & Secretarial; Investment & Middle Office; Legal; Operations; Pensions & Employee Benefits; Sales & Marketing
Our Consultants are some of the most experienced financial and professional services recruiters in the UK, offering expert advice and insight into the current jobs market. Whether you are seeking a short term assignment that suits your availability or the next permanent step in your career, our Consultants are on hand to help you secure the role that matches your needs.
Bruin has been recognised by a number of industry awards for our innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives. As a business we are vocal champions for a diverse talent pipeline and are proud of the reputation we have built in this area.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination.
As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons - men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry.
Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.