Global hedge fund based in London is searching for a Commodities Risk Analyst to support on a range of trading strategies covering Power, Oil, Agriculture and Gas products
Working closely with Portfolio Managers within the Commodities division of this top tier fund, the position will be responsible for:
- enhancing existing risk methodology across investment portfolios and asset classes;
- application of cutting-edge quantitative approaches to conceptualise and create bespoke attribution analysis for various investment strategies;
- ability to translate results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making;
- working closely with Portfolio Managers to analyse, quantify and manage risks
The successful candidate will be a high-performance individual with 2+ years relevant experience underpinned by a record of academic excellence, ideally including a Masters/PhD in a quantitative discipline. Additionally they will possess:
- detailed knowledge of risk techniques such as customised attributions, regression analysis, sensitivities, simulation and stress testing.
- experience working with one or multiple of the following asset classes; Power, Oil, Agriculture or Gas
- a degree of technical proficiency as it relates to programming and the handling of large data sets, Python being the most desirable language
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to clearly and succinctly deliver thoughtful analysis; this is paramount as there is extensive interaction with the firm's management team and PM's
A highly competitive base salary + performance-based bonus structure is on offer to the successful candidate.
Please submit an application for more detailed information and a discussion in confidence.