My client are looking for a professional to join the commodities quantitative trading strats team, to help them develop next generation trading strategies utilizing modern mathematical and computer science techniques.
Commodities Quantitative Trader - VP level
They use their quantitative and scientific training, as well as experience in the commodities markets, to develop quantitative strategies to take and manage risk and commit the firm's capital on various trading desks, in collaboration with the trading teams. They also build scalable software infrastructure to aid in the development and implementation of such strategies and analytics.
- You will work in a small team of traders, quants and developers on developing new and maintaining existing commodities trading strategies.
- Some projects may involve data science because large datasets are available providing useful insights on most commodities markets.
- You will work on cutting edge computer science techniques and tools, using modern software development techniques and tools/languages.
- You will work on sophisticated mathematical models and trading strategies.
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative field: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering.
- Strong programming skills and strong knowledge of Linux-based deployments
- 4 or more years of experience in finance or a cutting edge technology company
- Strong expertise in all three of these areas:
- Commodities markets and the development of quantitative trading strategies in these markets
- Software development in trading or front-office role, in particular, experience with Python, with knowledge of Java and C/C++
- Time series analysis / statistics / machine learning
- Preferably prior experience in commodities at another bank or hedge fund.