- Permanent, Full time
- Anson McCade
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Commod Desk Strat, Assoc/VP Level
My client are looking for a professional to join the commodities desk strat team and help them develop new generation trading analytics utilizing modern mathematical techniques, artificial intelligence, and system architecture solutions.
Commodities desk strats use their quantitative and scientific training to solve complex business problems. They create cutting-edge derivative instruments and pricing models, provide insight into market behavior via statistical modeling and data science, measure risk of their trading positions, and identify market opportunities. They also build scalable software infrastructure to keep track of their trading activities and market data flow around the world in real time and facilitate quick decision making.
- You will work in a small team of quants and developers on developing new and maintaining existing commodities analytics.
- Some projects may involve data science and machine learning because large datasets are available providing useful insights on most commodities markets.
- You will work on developing advanced tools for our liquid options market making businesses.
- You will work on cutting edge real time market making analytics.
- You will work on sophisticated mathematical models and trading strategies.
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative field: Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering.
- Strong programming skills.
- 2 or more years of experience in finance or a cutting edge technology company.
- Strong expertise in at least one of tWO areas:
- Stochastic calculus and derivatives pricing
- Software development in finance-related field, in particular experience with object-oriented languages
- Preferably with prior experience in commodities at another bank or hedge fund.