See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
Morgan Stanley’s Deleveraging and Lending Group (DLG) focuses on traditional commercial real estate lending as well as warehouse lending for performing and non-performing loan pools. The business which sits within Morgan Stanley’s Fixed Income Division is recognised for providing traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients throughout Europe to execute their business strategy.
DLG is looking to recruit a lawyer to work on all aspects of real estate lending transactions. This will involve working with originators and syndication teams to structure and execute transactions with involvement from the initial underwriting stage through to exit of the risk position. This is an on-desk role which will put the individual at the forefront of the structuring and documentation of commercial real estate transactions. It is a varied and exciting role with plenty of scope to develop within a busy and growing team.
Main responsibilities centre on working with the core underwriting team on commercial real estate transactions, including:
• Preparing and reviewing of term sheets;
• Advising on structuring of transactions taking into account legal, regulatory, tax and other considerations;
• Review of due diligence;
• Liaising with external counsel to prepare transaction documentation;
• Liaising with internal stakeholders including Legal, Tax, Compliance and Ops teams;
• Acting as a key point of contact for securitisation/syndication teams;
• Oversight of execution of loan syndication including review of trade documents;
Other responsibilities also include:
• Supervision of Paralegals (non-disclosure agreements, engagement letters, reliance letters, KYC and Conflicts processes)
• Preparing and updating precedents and templates
• Helping to co-ordinate know-how/training for CRE related matters and across the team generally
• Reviewing and liaising with internal legal on NDAs and engagement letters Qualifications:
• At least 2+ PQE City or equivalent banking law experience with a major law firm or investment bank.
• Familiarity with LMA documentation in respect of real estate finance transaction.
• Commercially driven with ability to adapt to varied and challenging workload.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.