Commercial Lead, Deal Shaping and Negotiation, Senior Manager, Clients & Industries, Risk Advisory
Your opportunity An exciting opportunity to shape and negotiate commercial arrangements on Deloitte's largest and most complex deals, with our most important clients.
Help win business and enhance margin through smart pricing, commercial solutions and negotiation expertise. Working in partnership with Deloitte's business lines, you will be engaged in a diverse range of commercial challenges; from bids, enhancing profitability on key accounts and framework rate card negotiations, through to enhancing commercial knowledge across the business and advising on commercial propositions for new services. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Deloitte has established a clear vision to become the undisputed leader in professional services by 2020. The Clients & Industries strategy is a key enabler of this vision; aiming to build enviable client loyalty with the largest and most influential clients, in our chosen markets, such that these clients will turn first to Deloitte when faced with a major challenge.
The purpose of the Commercial lead is to help win deals and improve profitability through compelling pricing and commercial propositions for our clients. The commercial lead will provide expert advice on all commercial aspects of the Risk Advisory client proposals, with a primary focus on higher value, more complex deals and the firm's most important clients.
A major part of your role is to respond to our clients requirements and challenges by providing commercial solutions that our clients value. As a Senior Manager, you will work closely with the Partners and Directors for our major accounts to shape commercial arrangements both for individual engagements and when negotiating rate cards and commercial incentives at a client account level.
The Commercial Lead is based within the Risk Advisory Clients & Industries team, which provides client relationship and business development services across Risk Advisory.
The commercial lead will operate across all industries (ranging from Financial Services, Technology Media and Telecoms, through to Public sector) with a focus on building relationships, knowledge and insights regarding the different commercial environment each industry presents. The commercial lead will provide advice and support on the pricing and commercials for new products, services or solutions developed by Risk Advisory.
The core responsibilities of your role include:
Your work, your choice
- Developing the pricing and commercial propositions for bids and proposals, to demonstrate greatest value to clients, enhance margin and win more deals.
- Directly negotiating the more complex and challenging commercial arrangements with our clients for both account level framework arrangements and specific bids and opportunities.
- Helping account teams to design and implement commercial strategies to enhance profitability and grow revenues for Deloitte's most important clients.
- Providing expert insight on how to best engage with client procurement teams and procurement processes.
- Supporting the development of commercial expertise across the firm through knowledge sharing, guidance and best practice deployed by the team and supporting the delivery of training activity.
- Understanding the likely competitor behaviour and suggest commercial approaches to position Deloitte in the best position to win.
- Contributing to the wider Commercial support community and bringing ideas to shape how the Commercial Support teams play their part in driving business success and promoting the role of the Commercial community to the Partner group
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This is a permanent full time role.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Proven commercial skills in structuring and negotiating different pricing arrangements as well as the key components of a deal that can enhance profitability.
- Developing commercial/pricing models to productise specific service offerings
- Experience working in a senior commercial role with 'deal shaping' expertise for complex commercial opportunities in a professional services context.
- Excellent commercial negotiation skills and experience for both individual deals and framework agreements (e.g. account level rate cards) for client accounts.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with gravitas, confidence and credibility to engage with partners.
- Experience dealing with senior client decision makers, sponsors and procurement teams.
- Strong team player with a collegiate style who enjoys working, collaborating and having fun with team-mates.
- Professional services experience and insights, ideally having worked within a consulting or professional service organisation.
- Experience in coaching and developing staff in complex commercials.
- Flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal.
We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last three years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAMKTG
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 168237