The Commercial CFO - Global Fintech is a newly created role to provide global commercial and financial insight helping to drive and deliver continued growth.
A global Fintech leader and a part of the S&P 500® Index. Our client is a leading provider of technology-driven solutions to financial services. With over 50 years of experience, our client provides an important infrastructure that powers the financial services industry.
The Commercial CFO will have responsibility for all Planning and Analytics and will be asked to display strategic and operational expertise as well as strong leadership skills. The Commercial CFO will partner closely with the M&A team to evaluate targets, develop business cases, and perform due diligence. This position plays a critical leadership role in shaping the future of the business by helping to optimise investments. The CFO will partner with the International and Canadian businesses on new product initiatives and inorganic acquisitions to ensure that we enhance profitability as we grow market share. The CFO will deliver timely financial information including Plan, forecast and productivity metrics to explain operating performance. You will be responsible for setting expectations for management and delivering timely financial information including results, forecasting and budgeting, competitive analysis, predictive modelling and performance against key operating metrics that deliver strategic insight on the short, medium and longer term outlook of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead International investment optimisation, product profitability initiatives, contract negotiation, pricing and planning
- Develop financial plans by evaluating sales performance and organic growth; establish key operating metrics; assess levers available for improving efficiency and profitability; and, implement change in an evolving organisation
- Develop longer term financial and strategic plans by studying industry trends, pending regulations and revenue opportunities; analyse product performance and mix
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimising the impact of variances
- Enhance the methodologies in pricing/deal group responsible for improving shareholder value, ensuring commercial discipline, and adding important insights to product economics. This is inclusive of partnering with sales and the business to structure deals and present and negotiate with end clients. Look at external and industry performance benchmarks and build sustainable frameworks by which to evaluate business decisions
- Provide general decision support on a range of topics with special emphasis on M&A and other investments.
- Lead a high calibre FP&A team by developing and attracting top talent, assessing and addressing individual and group needs, communicating well, and driving high levels of engagement
- Evolve Finance function to be world class excellence across all operations including profitability measurement, metrics, reporting, processes
The successful candidate will be a qualified account or have an MBA, additionally you will;
- Be an accomplished business and finance leader with a consistent record of high performance, financial, strategic and operational leadership across consumer and commercial business segments. Extensive functional experience in corporate planning, business unit Finance, strategy and operations a plus.
- Have an excellent analytical, financial and business management skills with deep understanding of P&L management
- Have deep knowledge of capital markets, wealth and investment management marketplace dynamics
- Have strong strategic skills including ability to assess and/or define new business opportunities
- Poses a deep understanding of Finance data flow and tools
- Have a track record of financial out performance through revenue growth, expense management and planning optimise investment portfolio
- Have an outstanding ability to communicate and break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages
- Proactive mindset and a relentless passion to win
- Effective and inspiring team leadership skills with proven ability to hire and train top talent and inspire through coaching and recognition
- Highly collaborative individual who can influence multiple internal partners to drive results in a matrix-ed environment
- Global experience: Broad and in -depth international market and cultural perspective. Managed organisations across the Americas, Europe and Asia leading financial initiatives and high employee engagement
- Ability to balance attention to detail and accuracy with tight deadlines on critically meaningful work
- Driving Results-Orientation and Performance: Setting and pursuing bold goals. Demonstrating a strong dedication to organisational success
- Exemplifying Client Service: Focusing on the client as priority. Striving to meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Working to do what is best for all partners
- Collaborating and Influencing: Persuading other people to accept a point of view, adopt a specific agenda, or take a course of action through building consensus and cooperation across various partners
- Developing People: Encouraging the learning and development of other people with the appropriate level of needs analysis, mentoring, and other support
A rare opportunity to join an already well established and successful organisation at a pivotal time in their evolution, be part of their long term strategy and contribute to their continued growth.