Collateral Management Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- South Africa GSC
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
Department overview: The Liquidity and Resource Management group are responsible for providing support to the business around collateral management, cash management and secured financing. This encompasses exposure management, collateral efficiency and concentration, liquidity management and funding, equity and fixed income financing.
As part of the Exposure Management team dealing with the day to day monitoring of exposure and margin cover requirements across OTC Derivatives, Repo or Stock Lending. Individuals will be expected to cover multiple margin functions.
- Day to day management of the BAU collateral processes
- Set up, maintenance and issuance of client valuation reporting as well as query management.
- Dispute / exposure reporting to senior management, risk and the business and ability to explain issues to all levels.
- Accountability around both break and dispute ownership / resolution across functions
- Booking collateral and understanding of the cost associated with optimisation of any outflow, based on the eligibility criteria
- High level of client service around incoming query management
- Participation in ongoing team projects
Key objectives critical to success:
- Control and risk mitigation minded
- High level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Strong time management and ability to work under pressure
- Client-centric focus (both internal and external)
- Strong communication skills and effective escalation
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore teams
- Strong Excel knowledge
- An understanding of the culture and footprint
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Basic understanding of Operations across multiple asset classes
- Understanding of collateral management under CSA, GMRA and GMSLA a benefit but not essential
- Some understanding of the current regulatory framework and impact to collateral operations
- Knowledge of OTC Derivative, Repo and Equity Finance trade lifecycle would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Acadiasoft and TriOptima would be an advantage