- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 24 Sep 17
My client, a Tier 1 Investment Bank, is looking for an Analyst to join the Collateral, Margin and Valuation Services function.
My client, a Tier 1 Investment Bank, is looking for an Analyst to join the Collateral, Margin and Valuation Services function. The Collateral and Margin teams are a key first line of defence function and this role is required to ensure strong delivery, control and oversight of potential risks as well as manage client service and interactions across the teams. This role provides critical experience and expertise to the collateral function during a time of unprecedented regulatory change, contributing strongly not only to the day-to-day margin activity but also to successful delivery of regulatory compliance. The role will partner closely with colleagues across the function as well as a diverse group of stakeholders across business and infrastructure teams.
My client is more interested in finding someone with the right attitude and approach, who is proactive, curious and genuinely interested in making a difference. It could suit someone with a minimum of 1-2 years' experience in the industry, some product knowledge and understanding of the trade lifecycle who wants to move into a new role and be part of a dynamic team. The role involves regular interaction with the desk and senior stakeholders, so requires someone who is self-confident, with strong communication skills.
About Collateral, Margin and Valuations Services
Collateral, Margin and Valuation Services (CMVS) is a business and risk aligned function responsible for managing collateral, exposure, valuations and regulatory margin commitments across a range f products to help minimise credit, market and reputational risks associated to our business activity. Their focus is to ensure high levels of control and efficiency across our processes, a proactive approach to managing risk and improving processes, and to partner closely with business and infrastructure teams to support the effective use of capital and balance sheet resources for the firm.
The team is also responsible for developing best practice to meet industry and client demand, driving compliance with the growing market and regulatory requirements, and building a scalable Enterprise framework for company future. CMVS partners closely with teams across Trading, Sales, Collateral Optimisation, Treasury, Product and Valuation Control, Legal, Compliance, Risk and MO / Ops teams. They support a variety of products including all OTC derivative asset classes as well as FI, Equity, Repo, Cleared, Structured, GNA and Prime Brokerage products
* Contribute to the build-out of an enterprise Collateral, Margin and Valuations service appropriate to the new and emerging regulatory landscape.
* Support the successful integration of regulatory change - e.g., Structural Reform, FINRA 4210, Uncleared Swap Margin.
* Stay abreast of market, industry and regulatory changes.
* Maintain a strong focus on risk management and process improvement.
* Proactive partnership with key stakeholders across infrastructure teams.
* Support wider Middle Office and/or Operations as required.
* Provide support to wider citizenship, community and diversity initiatives.
* Work in partnership across the business unit to ensure continuous delivery
* Identification and management of issues / risks with appropriate timely escalation.
* Pick up ad hoc tasks / initiatives within the broader team.
* Contribute to the teams' intellectual capital.
Decision making and problem solving
* Demonstrate a structured, outcome-oriented approach.
* Ability to recognize when escalation is required.
* Ability to think outside of the box, provide quick solutions and resolve problems in a timely manner.
* Experience in business-facing functions with knowledge of execution, control and risk.
* Prior experience in Collateral, Middle Office, Finance, Capital, Risk and / or Optimisation functions preferable.
* Confidence and desire to build knowledge across a wide range of disciplines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including communication and teamwork.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Self-motivated and ability to operate independently - proactive and positive attitude and desire to make a difference.
* Strong organisational and time management skills.
* Attention to detail, delivering high quality output.
Technical Skills and Qualifications will include:
* Educated to A level or equivalent qualification.
* Financial services experience.
* High level understanding of the trade lifecycle and the functions across Operations and Markets groups.