Our client, a large international Investment Bank seeks to bolster their team by adding a Co-Head of Market Risk & Control in the 1st Line of Defence. We would like to speak to candidates from a trading and Market Risk experience.
Our client, a large international Investment Bank seeks to bolster their team by adding a Co-Head of Market Risk & Control in the 1st Line of Defence.
The successful candidate will have significant market risk and valuations experience, ideally with a trading background, to co-lead an expanding function responsible for designing, implementing, and operating an enhanced control framework for Market Risk within the capital markets business.
The role includes enhancing risk identification and risk assessment processes across Markets, setting standards, enhancing and monitoring controls (including intraday market limits), issue identification, and remediation. Successful execution will require partnership with traders, quants, Technology, Market Risk, and Product Control, whilst also leading engagements with Internal Audit (IA) and regulators.
This is a highly visible position, sat under the Head of Front Office Trading Risk & Controls, collaborating with key strategic personnel from around the business. We are looking to find candidates who have worked for a bulge-bracket Investment Bank and understand the complexity of an organization of this size.
- Design, implement and operate this bank's Markets 1st Line Market Risk control framework covering Market, Model, and Valuation risk
- Develop a global, cross-regional team of highly skilled individuals with diverse experience in related disciplines
- Develop and execute remediation plans, contributing to the banks broader Risk program
- Deliver Market Risk components of this banks Derivatives & Securities Financing Transactions program including stress testing and risk management capabilities
- Partner with Technology to deliver front-to-back technology infrastructure enhancements
- Establish Market Risk standards across the entire markets business, perform current state assessments and drive remediation
- Implement an ongoing testing and continuous monitoring framework, including lessons learned process
- Deliver enhanced reporting, escalation, and governance
- Strategic project management, status tracking, and reporting to various governance fora
- Work with Business and 2nd Line Risk Management to support market risk violation assessments, governance, and reporting
- Ensure consistent ongoing application of controls and monitoring across markets leveraging MCA framework (Manager Control Assessments)
- Partner with ICRM, ORM, and Internal Audit to support and respond to independent assessments
- Manage interaction with various global regulators
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 15 years experience ideally in Capital Markets, Market Risk, or similar 1st or 2nd Line risk management roles
- Strong track record in strategic design and project management implementation, delivering complex solutions
- Solid knowledge of derivatives & securities financing, market, model, and valuation risk management
- Strong organizational leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to articulate a strategic vision and impact & influence others
- Works well under pressure and in tight deadlines
Apply now following the link below, or send your resume directly to email@example.com