Cloud transformation Technical Director (Azure)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PA Consulting
- 24 May 19
Cloud transformation Technical Director (Azure)
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team
We are looking to hire an experienced Technical Director with strong Microsoft Azure experience to join our 30 strong (and growing) Cloud Transformation practice. This is a senior role, and one that will stretch you personally and professionally.
Having a deep technical expertise of defining strategies, building the business case for, and implementing MS Azure solutions which are integral to large scale business transformations is essential. Our work involves us collaborating closely with our clients at all levels, so we are also looking for inclusive and empathetic leadership skills (we like the Servant-Leader model), and a passion for business development. You might expect to spend about two thirds of your time actively engaged on client projects associated with MS Azure implementation, with the balance split between new business development, and working to nurture and support our Cloud Transformation practice and people.
You are passionate about
1. Building interpersonal relationships with client teams, through involvement in business development activities and day-to-day consultancy engagements.
2. Spotting opportunities to grow technology revenue via your relationships and understanding where we can add more value to our client engagements.
3. Building and growing our cloud transformation team - from entry level to more senior folks - so that they are engaged, supported and growing as individuals and as teams.
4. Orchestrating best in class consultancy output, including developing business cases for change which incorporate MS Azure technology, defining technical architectures that utilise MS Azure platforms, managing implementation programmes, but above all else ensuring that we are delivering the right thing at the right time to our clients.
5. Helping build a Cloud capability which attracts and retains the highest quality of consultants at all levels of career.
Expect a sleeves-up role, as all our people are client facing and empowered to fulfil the best outcome for their clients.
You have at least 5 years' experience working within a fast-paced business environment, the latter part will include defining and implementing Microsoft Azure solutions to support business transformations. You can demonstrate your ability to deal with large amounts of information, make decisions effectively, and guide teams to achieve the best possible outcome for clients.
You will have proven experience of acting as a trusted technology leader, from successful experience building business pipelines through to complex programme delivery. You can evidence how you have identified new revenue opportunities and converted these into business growth as well as having delivered business change projects of significant value.
You're commercially savvy - with clear experience delivering effective estimation and working with cross discipline teams to get to the heart of a solution, articulating both the technical and non-technical components (e.g. organisation and process change) clearly to internal folk but critically, to clients too.
You're an experienced line manager and mentor - actively interested in supporting consultants in both their career development and team contribution. You'll get directly involved in recruitment - ensuring we continue to enjoy success by bringing on the very best people.
You have clear ideas on how things might be done and want to join a company where doing things the right way is a principle we strive to achieve daily. You inspire others to constructively test your position through open dialog and multi-disciplinary involvement to reach the right answer.
You're obsessed with the excellence of approach, architecture and implementation. Standards matter a lot. If something isn't right, you are not going to let it slide - the quality of the product or service and the resultant user experience is fundamentally important to how you approach your work.
You're a self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial streak - able to prioritize your time effectively, and build relationships across the Digital practice.
And finally - you're not afraid of sitting down with clients and working solutions through with them in a highly collaborative and open way.
What will you be participating in?
As a Technical Director, you can expect to be involved in all the following:
• Developing detailed and compelling responses to new business opportunities alongside colleagues from other areas of our digital practice and the wider PA capabilities
• Developing our relationships with clients, and industry partners, so that we can identify areas where we can provide additional value to their businesses.
• Developing and mentoring teams (in-house and on client site) to solve for complex technology needs and deliver the right outcomes.
• Shaping and growing our Cloud practice and MS Azure capability, culture & people alongside our Partner Sponsors and Practice Leads.
About PA Consulting Group
• Private medical insurance
• Interest free season ticket loan
• 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
• Company pension scheme
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Life and Income protection insurance
• Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
• Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of 'Bringing Ingenuity to Life', supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.