Cloud Solution Architect
- GBP75 - GBP100000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 02 Jan 18 2018-01-02
My client is looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect (Azure) with hands on industry experience of designing and delivering Cloud Migration/Adoption implementations. This experience will have been gained in complex business environments where technology plays a mission critical role in the value chain. The successful candidate will have a brilliant understanding of and passion for Cloud technologies in addition to knowing how to shape solutions for clients in the financial services industry.
My client is looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect (Azure) with hands on industry experience of designing and delivering Cloud Migration/Adoption implementations. This experience will have been gained in complex business environments where technology plays a mission critical role in the value chain. The successful candidate will have a brilliant understanding of and passion for Cloud technologies in addition to knowing how to shape solutions for clients in the financial services industry. Experience will include digital transformation, automation, control frameworks (e.g. security, audit and compliance), service decoupling, API, self-service provisioning and containerisation. Working as part of a multi-disciplined, client facing cloud-consulting team this role will be based in London with a requirement for international travel when required.
- A background in application or data architecture
- At least 5 years' experience of designing, building and supporting complex enterprise applications and application estates in complex delivery environments with substantial client facing, commercial and team management experience
- At least 2 years' experience of designing and building complex, cloud based, enterprise applications and application estates
- Significant demonstrable expertise and experience of application architecture using Microsoft Azure. Experience of at least one other Cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Google, HP OpenStack, IBM Cloud) would be highly desirable (Azure accreditation/certification is essential)
- Experience of creating and delivering hybrid cloud application migration strategies to meet customer specific requirements
- Expert knowledge and experience of Continuous Integration & Delivery and DevOps & Agile principles and practices
- Expert knowledge of the automation technologies such as Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Xebia Labs, Octopus etc.
- A demonstrable commitment to design, build and deployment excellence underpinned by a desire to drive continuous improvement and learning
- Able to create and present Cloud migration strategies
- A track record of delivering large, complex cloud-based application migration or development projects (£1m - £5m budget)
- Experience of working with relational and non-relational data platforms and developing cloud data migration strategies in federated data environments
- Experience of industry standard architectural frameworks and guidelines to support compliance, audit and security requirements associated with regulated industries (e.g. TOGAF, COBIT, CSA)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results, including experience of working in mixed shore delivery models
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimisation
- A technical innovator at heart who is driven by generating new ideas and insights with a natural curiosity for new and emerging technologies and trends
- Experience of the Financial Services industry is considered highly desirable but not essential