Cloud Software Development Engineer
You will join the team that supports and develops the technology for our popular streaming features such as Live View, to connect customers to their Ring video doorbells and security cameras. Our goal is to ensure a fast and reliable streaming and playback experience, alongside building solutions and supporting new products that help Ring on their mission to make neighbourhoods safer.
A day in the life
At Ring we are focused on making neighbourhoods safer and in a day-to-day life we make every our decision with the mission in mind. A day in life varies which makes work at Ring challenging and exciting, on one day you would design new features and on another dive deep into production metrics and analyse customers' experience.
As a Cloud Software Development Engineer at Ring you will be responsible for designing features from scratch, taking full ownership from an idea to production deployment including development, testing, infrastructure setup, deployment and maintenance and monitoring.
About the hiring group
Ring is looking for a Cloud Software Development Engineer, you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. You will work on distributed cloud systems (predominantly in Java), as well as undertaking feasibility studies to design cloud software solutions. You will drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well own the deployment, operation and scaling of our always-on distributed system that serves Ring customers worldwide.
Ring is looking for a Cloud Software Development Engineer to work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team on consumer electronics products. You will drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well as own the deployment, operation and scaling of systems for Ring customers.
You will be successful in this role if you:
• Enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teams across the world
• Have previous expertise working with distributed systems and understand how they are deployed
• Can drive tasks to completion and take full ownership of projects
• Are comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
• Enjoy problem solving
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with primary AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.