Our clients, a large consultancy are seeking a passionate cloud security technologist to join and help build our rapidly expanding Hybrid Cloud Security Consulting & Delivery team. You will lead cloud security engineering teams assigned to client engagements to deliver cloud security solutions needed to support complex cloud-based applications. You will serve as a cloud security evangelist, visionary, and consultant to provide technical guidance on cloud security architecture and engineering best practices.
- Lead cloud security engineering teams delivering hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions on client engagements and internal projects whilst providing thought leadership to steer solution design.
- Provide thought leadership by authoring technical and opinionated blogs, articles, and whitepapers.
- Identify emerging security technologies and evaluate suitability to improve client solution or bolster company’s offerings.
- Balance best of breed technical implementation with the commercial schedule and work within budget imperatives
- Influence, engage, develop, and manage stakeholder relationships on client engagement up to CxO.
- Promote our services and identify client opportunities.
- Participate in preparing client RFP/RFI responses and client proposals.
- Prepare and deliver articulate and effective presentations/workshops/demos of our cloud offerings in client pre-sales meeting and large audiences at events such as Google Next, AWS re: Invent, community Meetups and internal seminars.
- Mentor junior engineers and peers with the opportunity to manage small internal teams.
- Assist with the recruitment process to expand the team to meet increasing demand.
- Maintain and expand deep cloud knowledge, industry trends, and best practices.
Competencies and Skills Needed
- Certified in one or more cloud platforms: Google Cloud/Azure/AWS - Cloud Architect, Network Engineer and Security specialisations preferred.
- Certified in one or more security neutral certifications. CISSP, CCSP, GIAC preferred
- Strong familiarity with modern application architectures and cloud platforms
- Practical knowledge securing cloud foundation services such as compute, network, storage, databases as well as build, deployment, and operations services.
- Experience architecting and enabling cloud security services for hybrid cloud environments including IAM, account/resource access policies, key management, firewall rules and monitoring alerts.
- Practical knowledge of container and Kubernetes security and strong familiarity with multi-tenant architectures using service mesh (Istio, Consul)
- Applied knowledge of advanced security products for threat detection & intelligence, cloud workload protection and SIEM integration.
- Applied knowledge of DevSecOps principles and automated security testing techniques and tools.
- Strong familiarity with adversary and intrusion techniques. Experience with threat modelling resources such as MITRE ATT&CK
- Experience hardening and assessing cloud resources following cloud vendor and neutral security frameworks and guidance such as CIS Benchmark or OWASP.
- Experience implementing cloud-native secret management and encryption engine solutions.
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish and own a vision for our solutions.
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
What we offer you
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. We pride ourselves on our international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.