Cloud Ops Development Engineer (Python/ Ansible)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Development/ Cloud Engineer- Python/ Ansible
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
- Define strategy to support the adoption of Nomura's private cloud platform, providing service design and enhancements to improve automation and efficiency
- Define standards for adoption of Public Cloud technology and provide input into Nomura's hybrid cloud architecture
- Design and development of full automation frameworks that facilitate the delivery of PaaS/IaaS
- Work closely with global operational counterparts to ensure stable and healthy Cloud platforms
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven track record in IT Engineering, and a vision of infrastructure system architecture.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well as part of a global team, and on their own when required.
- Good communication skills.
- Investment Banking experience desirable, but not essential.
- Enthusiastic, eager and personable.
- Ability to cope well under pressure.
- In-depth understanding of Python scripting and automation
- Familiarity with Ansible Core as an Enterprise Configuration Management Solution, providing the ability to deploy, patch and maintain server end point configuration
- Engineering and administration experience of RHEL 6 & 7
- Tangible experience of Devops tools i.e. Jenkins, GIT and there application to optimizing Enterprise Infrastructure Delivery
- Exposure to container technology i.e. Docker, Kubernetes