Our clients, a prestigious consultancy is looking for a Senior cloud infrastructure engineer to join their team in London, for a perm role.
We are seeking a passionate cloud technologist to join our rapidly expanding Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Consulting & Delivery team. You will be a key member of cloud infrastructure engineering teams assigned to client engagements to deliver Cloud Landing Zones and cloud infrastructures needed to support complex financial services applications. You will serve as a cloud infrastructure specialist and consultant to provide technical guidance and expertise on cloud solutions design, build, governance, security, operations, and cost control best practices.
- Key member of cloud infrastructure engineering teams delivering hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions on client engagements and internal projects whilst supporting the team lead to steer solution design
- Provide thought leadership by authoring technical and opinionated blogs, articles, and whitepapers
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and determine suitability to improve client solution or bolster organisation's offerings
- Balance best of breed technical implementation with the commercial/business schedule and work within budget imperatives
- Influence, engage, develop relationships with organization's internal and client technical teams
- Promote company services and identify client opportunities
- Support preparation of client RFP/RFI responses and client proposals
- Support preparation of presentations/workshops/demos of company's technical offerings for client pre-sales meetings and industry events such as Google Next, and AWS reinvent
- Prepare and present at community events such as Meetups and internal seminars.
- Mentor junior engineers and peers
- Maintain and expand deep cloud knowledge, industry trends, and best practices
Competencies and Skills Needed
- Certified in one or more cloud platforms: Google Cloud/Azure/AWS - Assoicate Cloud Engineer, Cloud Architect, Network and Security specialisations preferred
- Applied knowledge of cloud infrastructure services: compute, storage, networking, hybrid connectivity, monitoring/logging, security, IAM and federated services
- Applied knowledge of traditional infrastructure services: compute, storage, networking, virtualisation, IDAM, Linux/Windows administration, and Data Centre migrations.
- Applied knowledge of developing and delivering cloud infrastructure using Terraform, and Packer
- Applied knowledge of DevOps principles and tooling, GitOps, CI/CD, config management, source control systems and managing code with Git
- Applied knowledge of programming/scripting languages such as Python, and Bash
- Applied knowledge of data serialisation languages such as JSON and YAML
- Working knowledge of CSP managed Kubernetes (GKE/EKS/AKS) and service mesh solutions
- Conceptual understanding of:
- Cloud data services
- Cloud security principles and tooling
- Cloud migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, rearchitect, replatform, repurchase
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish and own a vision for our solutions.
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.