Cloud Engineer/ Architect (Cloud, Azure, Python) Emagine is a global professional services consultancy and solutions firm. Our London office specialises in driving innovation of technology and business for the banking and financial services sector. We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our Technology Practice as a Cloud Engineer/ Architect (Cloud, Azure, Python); allocated to a multi-disciplinary squad delivering a range of diverse projects.
As an Azure SME you'll be a leading member for a cloud-focused team - working on flagship projects to deliver strategic platforms on Azure.
The role will have end-to-end accountabilities including:
- Shaping Azure and Cloud-technology roadmaps
- Finding opportunities & use-cases for new features and cloud-based products
- Collaboratively working with the business and other engineering teams to design then build and release enterprise-class solutions
- Ensuring released services are resilient and enhanced for scalability and operational efficiency
The role will require you to be 'hands-on' and able to lead from the front - setting an example of behaviors and practices for team members to learn from.
You'll be an advocate for Engineering & Design, providing subject matter expertise within the teams, identifying and supporting design and development.
This role will blend both deep domain and technical expertise within the Cloud topics.
- Driving identification, Build and Design of opportunities of enterprise-class automated solutions
- Leading the Azure and Cloud Technology Roadmaps
- Leading the design and delivery of cloud platforms and automation systems
- Identifying shortcomings and opportunities, including use cases for new features and cloud products, along with leading and implementing improvements to existing business practices
- Analysing and evaluating the feasibility and relevance of proposals for complex products/services, then developing and amending as necessary
- Developing and delivering elements of a strategic planning system
Key Skills and Experience:
- Leadership and a blend of both deep domain and technical expertise
- Recent experience creating architectural designs for cloud services
- Recent practical experience working with a broad set of Azure services and using Azure CLI/SDK to deliver automation
- Azure Blueprints, ARM, Azure Policy and knowledge of template specification
- Creating and building Azure DevOps pipelines & repos
- Source code management using Git within an engineering team
- Automation of processes & runbooks
- Recent experience using Kubernetes and Istio
- A solid understanding of Cloud Security
- MS Azure DevOps Engineer and/or MS Certified Azure Solutions Architect certification
- Experience building/running cloud services in a regulated, enterprise environment
- Other Infrastructure as Code experience (i.e. Terraform, Jenkins)
- Other scripting/application languages (i.e. .NET, Python)
- Other Cloud certifications (Azure, GCP, AWS) About you:
- Ability to work with architectural, business, SRE and other engineering leads to shape, design and engineer solutions
- Ability to work with a team of engineers to deliver domain-owned deliverables and dependencies
- Continuous curiosity to learn and develop with industry best practice methods and tooling in the cloud function
- Technology agnostic and are willing to adapt your approach in pursuit of the best solution
- Ability to solve problems, perform troubleshooting and resolve issues
If you can answer yes to most of these questions do not hesitate and apply to this opportunity.