Cloud Engineer- Analyst/Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 18
Analyst/Associate level Cloud Engineer
Cloud Engineer with the Global Infrastructure group; responsible for definition of strategy and the delivery of global solutions for public and private cloud adoption. The successful candidate will have a vital role in shaping future strategy and direction within the organization and must possess a broad range of experience across core Infrastructure technology such as UNIX, Windows, Database, Middleware, Virtualization, Private and Public Cloud.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
- Define strategy to support the adoption of Nomura's private cloud platform, providing service design and enhancements to improve automation and efficiency
- Define standards for adoption of Public Cloud technology and provide input into Nomura's hybrid cloud architecture
- Design and development of full automation frameworks that facilitate the delivery of PaaS/IaaS
- Work closely with global operational counterparts to ensure stable and healthy Cloud platforms
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven track record in IT Engineering (5-10 years), and a vision of infrastructure system architecture.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well as part of a global team, and on their own when required.
- Good communication skills.
- Investment Banking experience desirable, but not essential.
- Enthusiastic, eager and personable.
- Ability to cope well under pressure.
- Cloud Certification in either Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Extensive use of Configuration Management Solutions (Ansible, Chef or Puppet), providing the ability to deploy, patch and maintain server end point configuration
- Engineering and administration experience of RHEL 6 & 7
- Tangible experience of Devops toolchain (Jenkins, GIT) and their application to optimizing Enterprise Infrastructure Delivery
- Experience managing and deploying across large Virtual Server and Cloud based platforms
- Exposure to container technology (Docker, Kubernetes)