Cloud architect, private cloud, public cloud
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a leading Financial Services client who are looking to get a Cloud Architect on board to join their dynamic team. Responsibilities:
- Act as an SME on Public/Private Cloud and related technologies for the project delivery team
- Produce high quality High Level Design documentation describing technical systems solutions, providing overall design direction and recommendations for resolution of complex technical issues
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the IT engineering, delivery and test teams throughout implementation phases
- Act as a liaison between Architecture and Engineering and direct the development of technical standards and platforms, quality and best practices.
- Support the Enterprise Architects in the development of infrastructure road maps to support the evolution of the technical and digital portfolios from current to future state.
- An in depth understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating cloud practices into traditional hosting/delivery models.
- Demonstrable experience in architecting large scale cloud migration and automation projects
- Solid understanding and design capability across multiple infrastructure domains such as networks, compute, storage, database, backups, virtualization, cloud, data center, collaboration and end user
- In-depth technical knowledge across several infrastructure disciplines, e.g. Microsoft Technologies, Red Hat/Linux, VMWare and vRealise, ESX, Citrix, IBM Websphere MQ, DB2, LAN/WAN/MAN, Routing, Firewall, Wireless, IDS/IPS, WAN optimization, Proxy, VPN services, Load Balancing and IT Security
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.