Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The Entity Data team in EMEA is responsible for ensuring high levels of client and counterparty data quality expertise throughout Nomuras organisation and infrastructure. The Entity data team is a global and cross-functional team working regularly with Powai, AEJ, US and Japan regions, as well as a number of teams across wider Operations, Technology and Global Markets. The team sits within Operations recently formed Client Service Group.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for ownership or involvement in data remediation and process improvement priorities within Operations, contributing towards enhancing Nomura's overall data quality, whilst also improving consumer delivery and mitigating risk. The role will focus on completing the Client data team's daily tasks and contributing to the strategic roadmap. This includes managing risk of data quality, oversight of the offshore team and continuously reviewing functions and processes within the team. Other responsibilities include technological issue management and representing EDM EMEA in projects.
Key skills / responsibilities:
* Deliver EMEA Entity data projects managing scope, priorities and issues
* Contribute to the Client data roadmap and collaborate with data owners in designing and evolving the operating model
* Develop key partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders both in EMEA and globally; represent Entity data in forums
* Confident in communicating with internal and external clients and forging strong professional relationships
* Liaising with vendors to resolve recurring/legacy data issues, as well as strategic fixes
* Identification of areas for data quality improvement and remediation; helping resolve data quality issues as well as designing process control strategy
* In collaboration with subject matter experts define implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable
* Experience in handling large databases and strong SQL or query writing and programming skills.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
* Proven experience as data manager
* Track record in process enhancement and improvement
* Educated to degree level or in the absence of that have appropriate banking experience
* Knowledge of all major asset classes: equity, fixed income, derivatives and their data characteristics
* Detailed knowledge of data vendors preferred
* Ability to navigate complex data and hierarchy structures
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as presentation skills
* Excellent project management, business/data analysis skills
* Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Client oriented, with the ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Understand clients' needs and issues, and respond with high-quality proposals
Acquire capabilities to perform one's responsibilities and contribute to being a Trusted Partner
Produce new ideas that might challenge the status-quo or oneself
Seek advice from senior colleagues and utilize it for improved results
Collaborate with members from relevant departments
Contribute to the success of the organization both quantitatively and qualitatively, and act with awareness of the impact on others
Serve as role model and provide guidance to junior employees
Have a good understanding of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance, risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions accordingly
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.