Client Solution Architect - TxB - IBD - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our we don't just make things - we make things possible. We change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas and solve the most challenging and pressing financial problems for our clients. Our Solution Architecture team closely collaborates with a diverse set of stakeholders to build scalable, technology-centered products that aim to maximize value for our customers and differentiate Goldman Sachs our competitors.
Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking combined with deep technical expertise to lead complex integration efforts by partnering with our customers. Solutions Architects are engineers at heart that love working with customers, understand their objectives and help them grow their business by leveraging Goldman Sachs' capabilities.
Are you someone that sees technology as the enabler for the next generation of financial products? Do you love working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment? Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Solutions Architects are innovators, problem-solvers and enablers. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Transaction Banking (TxB) aims to build innovative solutions to traditional banking activities and our Solutions Architects bring those solutions to life through their work with our clients, engineers and product specialists. We look for people that are able to work with clients and internal stakeholders at all levels - from concept design all the way to complex technical integration and product build. Our Solutions Architects play a critical role in delivering a differentiated customer experience and they become trusted advisors to our clients. We look for a combination of technical expertise in modern technologies combined with curiosity and deep understanding of financial products Transaction Banking
We aim to build a modern and digital-first transaction banking solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is a leadership role working closely with our clients as well as our product teams and engineering teams to architect solutions that meet our customer needs. We are looking for a senior Client Solution Architect with deep subject matter expertise in the transaction banking business and strong functional / technical skills in payments, card processing, lending and ideally in Banking-as-a-Service solutions. The work starts with developing an end-to-end solution that addresses our clients' needs by leveraging our existing capabilities as well as identifying opportunities to build new and innovative product features. The role is highly client facing and requires a good understanding of the transaction banking industry, our platform and clients' needs. Excellent oral and written communication is a must as well as the ability to convey complex solutions to clients and internal stakeholders. We expect the successful candidate to become a trusted advisor to clients and establish strong partnerships with product, sales, and engineering peers. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Manage multiple projects and clients at the same time, ability to prioritize efficiently
- Design end to end solutions for clients looking to leverage transaction banking products
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with global cross functional teams to build customer-centric solutions
- Establish strong cross-divisional partnerships
- The ideal candidate is passionate about transaction banking, payments and building innovative solutions using the latest technologies
- Candidates must have exceptional ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Candidate are expected to be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
- Ability to drive revenue opportunities for TxB products across client base as well as client strategy
- Contribute to business marketing and communication strategy and planning
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- S. or higher in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of experience in Transaction Banking or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a Solution Architect role or equivalent (client facing experience is a must)
- Comfortable with Agile operating models
- Team oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with Banking-as-a-Service solutions
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience in Payments, US rails as well as globally
- Experience in Faster payments
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity