Client Servicing Officer - 9 Month ContractOverview
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
Essential Job Functions
• Capturing client details and instructions from application forms
• Liaising with financial advisers to procure necessary information and documents to support the client's application
• Interacting with our internal customer teams to ensure the relevant people are kept in the loop with applications currently being processed
• Obeying regulatory requirements, ensuring AML checks are completed and client money is dealt with adequately
• Ensuring that the initial funds received from the client are applied to the client account and that any fees are processed correctly within required timescale. Acceptance of cheques for deposit and checking accuracy of deposit slips.
• Monitoring of Client Money Bank accounts and reconciliation reports.
• Eliminating manual workarounds, implementing single processes as much as possible
• Communicating with advisers/custo-mers when required by telephone, email and letter
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
• Strong attention to detail and/or data entry
• Excellent problem solving and organisational abilities.
• Ability to work as part of a team and adapt to the needs of the team as they arise
• A willingness to take ownership and coordinate between internal/external customers
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Prior knowledge of regulatory requirements surrounding anti-money laundering (AML), Client Money Rules and Regulations (CASS), ISA rules and subscription limits/restrictions
• An understanding of the financial adviser industry and Retail Distribution Review (RDR)
• Previous experience in Financial Services experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.