Client Services Specialist
The Role: S&P Dow Jones Indices ("S&P DJI") is seeking a Client Services Specialist to join the Global Client Services team in London. The team, which is part of the Commercial organization, strives to provide the highest level of support to S&P DJI's clients with the ultimate goal of encouraging retention through the enhancement of the overall client experience. Global team members are currently based in Sydney, Tokyo, Beijing, London, New York and Mexico City. Clients include, but are not limited to Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Insurance companies, ETF product providers, Pension Funds, Endowments and Foundations and Investment Management Consultants.
The Location: London, UK
The Grade: (relevant for internal use only) G10
The ideal candidate is able to:
- Ability to work across a diverse set of cross-functional client teams including marketing, legal, operations, portfolio management, and product development and to understand and address their unique needs.
- Draws insights from client interactions and communicate them effectively to appropriate internal teams in order to enhance the overall client experience.
- Works closely with other internal stakeholders (e.g.: Sales, Product Management, Operations) to ensure clients are supported in a holistic manner
- Develops into a well-rounded generalist, speaking competently on S&P DJI products and services. Understand the client's question and escalate inquiries appropriately to internal Subject Matter Experts in other departments as necessary in an independent manner.
- Represents the client point of view when preparing and implementing modifications to data services; proactively assist in developing communications, FAQs, and project plans for various client transitions including platform updates, delivery enhancements and product decommissions.
- Troubleshoots client access to proprietary (e.g.: SFTP, SPICE) and non-proprietary (e.g.: Bloomberg, FactSet) data distribution platforms.
- Confidently answers client inquires received via email and phone with little to no assistance; proactively look for ways to learn more about S&P DJI products and services, its business and how clients utilize our data.
- Prioritizes inquires, multi-task and thrive in a team environment.
- An independent self-starter; ability to work individually and within a team.
- Strong writing skills; must be able to communicate complex concepts in writing.
- Demonstrable experience using excel skills
- Proficiency in creating documentation including training materials and FAQs for clients
- Comfortable presenting and training clients in both a one-on-one and group settings.
- Experience coordinating and leading meetings; documenting action items and following through to completion.
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented and organized with good time management skills
- Experience in Financial Services, preferably in a client-facing support role.
- Minimum education requirement: BA in Finance, Economics or related experience.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC has over 115 years of experience constructing innovative and transparent solutions that help investors achieve their financial goals. Since the launch of the iconic Dow Jones Industrial Average™ in 1896 and S&P 500® in 1957, we've been a catalyst for some of the last century's most important financial innovations. Today, more assets are invested in products based on our indices than any other provider in the world. With over 1 million indices covering a wide range of asset classes across the globe, we continue to define the way investors measure and trade the markets.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.