Client Services Operations – Change Analyst – Regulatory Reporting
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Contract, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:18 Oct 18
Client Services Operations – Change Analyst – Regulatory Reporting. A leading financial technology company are improving their regulatory reporting operations function and have a fantastic opportunity for a banking operations or client services professional to work on an operations transition.
As a Change Analyst you will sit within client services and operations and be responsible for documenting and improving processes around client services, undertaking some data analysis, helping transition processes around regulatory reporting and client services. You will ideally come from an investment banking, asset management or securities services operations background with exposure to either client services and/or trade lifecycle operations.
You should apply for this role if you are/have:
- 2+ years’ experience in the operations or client services functions of financial firms
- Experience client investment banking, asset management or securities/fund services
- Understanding of either the trade lifecycle and associated events or client services
- Solid understanding of operational processes relating to financial products
- Any regulatory understanding (Dodd Frank, EMIR, MIFID II etc.) beneficial
- Strong documentation, process analysis and data analysis experience
- Degree educated or higher from a leading academic institution
This is a £200-£250/day contract role based London initially for six months.