Client Service Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 17 Oct 18
Client Service Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Client Service Manager (CSM) is a member of the Client Services Group (CSG) managing service delivery to clients in Germany and Austria and working closely with the Global Relationship's Group's efforts in the region. The successful CSM will understand the client's long term investment objectives, servicing needs, and market channel environment and bring the resources of the organization to bear on behalf of the client with the goal of delivering a high level of service that will exceed the client's expectations and position Wellington Management as the partner of choice.
Client Service Management contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service to both institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors. The Client Service Manager is responsible for managing service delivery for clients, driving resolution of client service matters, and meeting with clients to discuss servicing related activities. The Client Service Manager will be a member of the Wellington relationship team and have responsibility for servicing an assigned book of client relationships in a designated region and/or market channel. The Client Service Manager will develop a strong understanding of clients' servicing requirements, monitor and proactively manage relationship agreements and evaluate the firm's client service capabilities/gaps and related risks driven by client requirements.
The Client Service Manager will also work in close coordination with appropriate internal constituencies to ensure client expectations are met and exceeded. In particular, the Client Service Manager will work in close partnership with the Relationship Manager, who will provide leadership on existing client mandates, drive retention and growth of the relationship and the overall provision of investment content. This Client Service Manager will be expected to understand industry best practice by participating in industry conferences and relevant forums, and innovate processes and procedures as appropriate.
Additional CSM responsibilities would include:
- Serve in a "COO" type of role to ensure servicing needs are met
- Partner with multiple Relationship and Account Managers to form the client relationship team, managing all aspects of the client relationship
- Understand client's overall objectives that influence their investment and servicing requirements
- Prepare for, lead/attend and provide follow-up on client meetings and inquiries
- Partner with other functional areas to address client issues, concerns, and opportunities
- Coordination of transactions, including facilitation of onboarding new clients, investment management agreements, guideline-related issues and investment compliance matters
- Liaise with the client and internal parties to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Provide oversight and respond to ad hoc requests
- Manage the client team's process-oriented work, including reporting, and ensure client deadlines are met
- Act as day to day resource for client analysts
- Lead and/or collaborate on high level client-related projects and strategic initiatives
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies and assist in internal initiatives to implement efficiencies
The Client Service Manager will have significant number of years of experience in the investment management industry, in the areas of client service, business strategy/management, or operational experience. They must have strong relationship building and collaboration skills, as well as depth of expertise with complex servicing and operational related issues, capital markets, and the curiosity to continue to learn. Sound business judgement and the ability to synthesize complex issues and effectively balance competing objectives and risks, and the ability to think creatively to solve business problems for clients is critical. Strong project management skills, influencing, consensus building and strong quantitative, written and verbal communication skills are required. A university degree is required, CFA/MBA preferred.
Client Service Manager
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .