Client Service Executive
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Client Services Executive who wants to learn all the ins and outs of managing portfolios that deliver what we promise to our clients.
We want someone who can learn their way around our products, the industry, and the foundations of wealth management. You'll do it by getting to grips with the essential administration that keeps our clients' portfolios in great shape.
You'll be busy, hands-on and can-do. Giving our clients a seamless service. Making sure their accounts are running smoothly. And keeping Portfolio Managers informed and up to date.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
We're part of Cazenove Capital, the Schroders team that manages wealth for our clients - individuals, family groups and charities.
We're often the first part of the business that new clients get to know. So we build strong relationships with them and provide the best possible experience. And we work closely together to make this happen, swapping ideas and sharing information.
We're open to flexible working, so we can all balance our personal and professional commitments.
What you'll do
• Support our clients and the Portfolio Management team by providing the information they need
• Set up accounts for new clients and intermediaries and arrange meetings with them
• Work closely with Operations teams to make our clients' experiences seamless
• Make sure that client accounts and portfolios are kept compliant with regulations and our procedures
• Be a point of contact for clients, intermediaries, solicitors, trustees and accountants - answering their questions, knowing where to go for help, and keeping a record of their enquiries
• Create cash-transfer requests, liaising with Fund Managers and complying with regulations to make sure we meet clients' instructions
• Check clients' transaction statements, monitor outstanding deals and report any errors
• Keep colleagues informed about their clients, reporting any changes, queries or problems
• Help team members with complete and distribute client reports
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Good IT skills, especially with the Microsoft Office suite
• Experience of client service in the financial sector
• An interest in wealth management
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience in financial processes and systems
• Working towards the Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) or equivalent
• 3 A levels or equivalent
What you'll be like
• A really good communicator - great at listening, being clear and giving reassurance
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• Someone with a real attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible, curious and willing to learn
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.