Client Service Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- TMF Group
- 23 Apr 19
Client Service Director
About TMF Group
TMF Group helps its clients operate internationally and 'belong' wherever they are in the world. We do this by making sure they are properly set up to do business in any country and compliant with local and international regulations. In today's environment, increasing business complexity means that a one size approach doesn't fit all - and the penalties for getting it wrong are getting heavier. Operating in over 80 jurisdictions we provide our 15,000 clients with on-the-ground compliance and administration services so they can venture further.
We keep things running seamlessly, giving them the peace of mind to focus on the bigger picture. Our people localise the global world to help businesses succeed, which in turn helps communities to prosper. We firmly believe that the only way to be truly 'global' is to put local first, which is what our team of 7,000 in-country experts do for businesses of all sizes, every day.
About the role...
The Client Service Director is the person that is accountable for ensuring that service delivery performance levels are met and exceeded for a portfolio of global clients, achieved through strategic contract management of existing business. In addition, the job holder is responsible as the line manager for Client Service Managers reporting to him/her.
The role holder will also assist the Account Director with the identification of new business opportunities through their operational relationships. The key metric for the role will be the achievement of contracted revenues and customer satisfaction metrics against a portfolio of directly assigned global accounts.
He/she is the senior point of contact for regular contract governance with the client senior operational management and TMF local offices, Regional Management and EXCO. The focus of the role is as follows:
- Ensure year on year contracted revenue is delivered from a portfolio of strategic clients by ensuring that service delivery performance meets or exceeds that defined in the contract
- Senior point of escalation for both the client and TMF local offices for resolving any ongoing client related issues that are systemic and require longer term measures to resolve.
- In conjunction with the Account Director, underwrite the client contact management strategy for operational service delivery with the Client and across TMF
- Protect revenues & improve profitability over time through eradicating errors in local delivery, managing scope, managing change request and identifying new opportunities that grow TMF share of wallet.
- Manage a team of Client Service Managers, ensuring skills and performance levels are consistent with commercial and operational requirements.
- Undertake an account portfolio service delivery plan, including specific account service delivery plans where appropriate as provided through direct reports. Identify key resources and investments necessary to underpin this plan.
- Track and review contract performance at the client level, identifying and taking actions where deviations on performance are identified.
- Forecast contracted business on a rolling 12 month basis using client and market insight to support assumptions where required
- Be the senior escalation point for contracted service delivery issues and for the management of the Client Escalation Matrix. Engage TMF senior stakeholders as required to resolve systemic issues in meeting client service requirements.
- Identify where changes to contracts (MSA or LSOW) are required. Define, price and negotiate the necessary changes by gaining input from local country teams and the relevant client contacts.
- Ensure all contracts are current and administered correctly. Proactively plan and implement strategies for contract extension or renewal to avoid RFP risks. Work with the Account Director to support major re-negotiations and RFPs as necessary with operational performance data for existing business and to ensure that new proposals are operationally fit for purpose and capable of execution.
- Proactively identify opportunities for additional new services and provide operational insights to the Account Director to assist in the qualification of these opportunities.
- Ensure that the requirements for running a bi annual customer satisfaction programme, including surveys, analysis of results, specific action plans and senior business insight to the benefit of Regional Management and Global Service Lines are prepared and reviewed resulting in driving a culture of client driven service excellence.
- Proven ability in delivering to a consistently high quality service.
- Able to cultivate and maintain strong strategic relationships with the client's operational contacts (especially the "users" of the service) and TMF stakeholders.
- Is able to anticipate client needs and provide appropriate solutions; effectively balances the needs of TMF and the needs of the client.
- Experience in identifying opportunities for revenue growth
Strategic/analytical thinking while action oriented:
- Strong problem solving skills understanding cause and effect and able to plan solutions accordingly - championing new solutions where necessary.
- Proficient with numerical analysis - forecasting billing performance against contract and identifying positive or negative variances, able to analyse root cause and act to optimize revenue achievement.
- Experience in identifying breakdowns in internal processes and systems that directly impact client services and be able to act to meet client needs and concerns.
- Able to make timely decisions, take proactive measures to pursue an opportunity, address an issue or prevent a problem.
- Proven track record in strategic client management
- Has strong gravitas and can operate at senior levels within TMF and Clients with confidence and conviction delivering a professional personal brand that reflects the culture and values of TMF Group.
- Understands the principles of Key Stakeholder Management and plans a contact strategy appropriate to each element of their stakeholder plan.
- Uses language and style of communication appropriately and applies discretion when necessary.
- Can articulate results and ideas in a concise manner using a variety of media and formats, and be persuasive and convincing in front of a challenging audience.
- Is fluent, clear and concise in written and oral communication.
- Competent with the use of key business software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as a minimum set)
- Fluent in English and another European language would be and advantage.
- Eligible to reside and work in the EU or US
How to Apply...
- Submit your CV via the Apply button
- Business Fit: If your application fits the bill, our HR team will be in touch to explain the role and understand your fit with the team and the business
- Interview 1: A 1:1 interview with direct line manager
- Online Test: Completion of online Behavioural assessment
- Final Round: A 1:1 interview with the Head of Client Services